Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Kevin Campbell - BB11 - His Tarot cards are from an Old Maid deck - Evicted 8th

Tsylyst   

bbas_cast_kevin_campbell_800x1000.jpg

Hometown: San Diego
Current city: San Diego
Previous season: Big Brother 11. Kevin was the first Houseguest to be evicted on finale night,  placing third.

Photo courtesy CBS.COM

--------------------------------

Kevin.jpg

BB11 cast photo from CBS.com

Placed 3rd in BB11. Was part of The Off-Beats in the Clique twist of BB11 that divided the houseguests into groups based on high school cliques. Responsible for evicting Jeff Schroeder in Jeff and Jordan's first season. He also opened the first Pandora's Box, was the first openly gay man to make it to Final Three, and was the first jury member to be evicted on Finale Night and not spend any time in the jury house.

Previous HT thread: http://www.hamstertime.net/ht/index.php?/topic/754-kevin/

Tsylyst   

He was coming unraveled last night even before the nominations. I spent about an hour watching after the feeds came back from nominations last night, and he spent the whole time going around to different rooms of the house finding new (and progressively less interested) people to bemoan his nomination to.

And reading the recaps this morning, it seems like he's totally spiraling into paranoia. There may have been times in past seasons where I would have found that DOOGTV, but now I'm already pandemic-paranoid enough in real life that it's gonna stress me out if I have to watch a whole season of him like this.

I don't have strong feelings about Kevin either way from his previous season (honestly, I don't remember him beyond his name and face). But I'm kinda hoping he gets the boot this week, just for my own sanity.

angelmi   

Yes he has not tried to be a part of the show. He complains still about Jeff and the things he did to him, and complains that he said he was sorry on his news show that he was sorry for all the things he did on BB and says he is not that way today but Kevin is blaming everything that has happened in his life the last 10 years on Jeff.  When he talked to Cody before nominations he was telling him about Jeff and I think Cody was worried he was going to be accused of being bias because of his nominations too.  

Magpie   

I just went back and read his thread from his prior season of BB, and still don't remember much about him other than I don't think I liked him too much. What I've seen of him this season is a bit too "trying too hard", so depending on how Veto shakes out, I'm going to route for Kevin to be first out. 

krb428   

Ha! I was hoping everyone grew up a little since last time, and I picked him as my projected winner (I never get it right, so I went out in left field for this one). That is so not going to happen! He's hard to listen to.

MrsGryn   

I seem to recall him being bitchy and insulting to people during his season, with a soupcon of arrogance to boot. Blaming Jeff for all the wrongs in you life for the last ten years shows an extreme lack of self-awareness. 

angelmi   

I remember his last week with Jordan and gNat playing cards the whole time and ignoring Jordan,  I remember him throwing comps and that cost him the game because he was not taken to the end.  

hefgypsy   

I think his 'claim t fame' was telling some lie to Jeff that got Jeff (who isn't the brightest bulb) to turn on Russell (who was part of his alliance) and vote him out.

Okay, dude, not to be mean, and not to quote the old Cody, but enough with the victim noises! If you want to play, play. Whining, moping, and crying won't get you anywhere. 

I just can't with this one.....he seemed so disingenuous when giving his last plea for votes on last night's show.  @nixiechick - victim noises is absolutely spot-on for Kevin.  I wonder if he annoyed me as much on his last season as he has annoyed me in the past week.

angelmi   

OH I hated him with the gNat on the last time he was on, yes just as whiney back then too.  Him dressed as a woman was really bad,  so glad Day and Nicole A talked him out of showing everybody down stairs.  I really think he is going up again but at least this time he will not be a have not.  I can't see him winning any comps.  

dana k   

Pouty McPoutFace? What's not to like? Everything! He's really awful and really dumb. I did not like him at all on his season.

There was a long convo last night between Janelle, NicoleA, and this twerp. Janelle and Nicole were (gingerly) comparing notes about who they thought were in the dominant house alliance. They agreed on Tyler, Cody, NicoleF and Dani, with a fifth they were unsure of. As they discussed other variables (pretty accurately), Kevin kept getting more and more depressed, seeming to be shocked that those wonderful people had lied to him this week. At one point, he said, "then maybe we should all work together!". Janelle laughed and said, "We ARE". Nicole pointed out that sometimes people you're working with or helping don't recognize that you are, as happened to her with Bella. Kevin kept slumping in bed and looked like he was gonna cry. I suspect Kevin had dreamed he was going to be admitted to the cool kid's club, and now his hopes were dashed. He did offer up that Enzo is totally genuine and trustworthy... which should tell you a bit about his powers of insight.

Also, he appears to believe that Janelle is the root of all evil or the most powerful player in the house or some other nonsense. When Janelle left the room, he turned to Nicole with an alarmed face and furrowed brow and urged her to "be careful"... zipping his lip. Anyone paying attention can see that Janelle is totally sidelined. Beyond her reputation, she's got nothing going on in this crowd. Clearly, he's so inside of his own head worried about being liked that he cannot see a single thing that's going on around him. His one and only skill is pouting. Or crying. Or both.

He needs to be voted out this week, it would be a mercy eviction at this point. It's week two and he's a mess. In two more weeks, he's going to be a total basket case. 

I don't remember disliking Kevin on his first season. Of course when this season started I didn't remember Kevin at all. Such a whiner, victim noises indeed.

Why does he have such a dislike for Janelle? Maybe he is jealous as he sees Janelle as one of the cool kids and Janelle has allied with non-cool kid Nicole A instead of trying to work with Kevin. He was really working Nicole A over last night, insisting that Janelle was using her and didn't want to really work with Nicole. According to Kevin, he "clocked Janelle's game from jump." Is anyone in the house more clueless than this guy? And so confident that he knows what is going on?

angelmi   

HE was so mean to Jordan in their season,  Then he came on BB22 and he lost HOH first night to be a have not and then was put on the block by the cool kids.  Then Janelle and Kaysar wanted to work with Nicole A when Kevin said Janelle was his idol.  When he campaigned to her she say she was always friends with the gay guys on her seasons but she has not tried with him.  She says he cries as much as Nicole F.  The whole house wants him gone.