Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

David Alexander - BB21 - Two-time rookie - Evicted 9th

Jenn48   

Playing dumb could allow him to not be perceived as a threat, but since it is All-Stars, I would think they see him as expendable. Which he kind of is. 

Tsylyst   

Memphis' rationale to Kaysar/Janelle a little while ago for nominating David is that David doesn't seem to know anything about the game and hasn't put any effort it the way all the other All-Stars have. So as we pondered earlier in this thread, David's strategy of playing dumb seems to have backfired (if that was Memphis' real reasoning).

But it does sound like Memphis was a tool about the way he said it in his Have Not and Nomination speeches.

MrsGryn   

This was the risk with playing dumb on the level David was attempting. But hey, he made it to week two, so....bonus!

MrsGryn   

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sorry, I thought we were doing the random screaming thing.

So, was that good game play during the veto comp or just weird?

Magpie   

That was the first time I've gotten any entertainment from David's presence in either of his seasons. 

I thought it was good game play, or at least worth a shot. And yes I agree the first time he has been entertaining.

This one chatters endlessly about his phenomenal BB game of which we were robbed last season because of his early expulsion.....yet he can't even remember to hit the timer in a timed HOH comp.  (say something nice....)  He has an amazing skill at tell-yourself-in-the-mirror positive affirmations.  

krb428   

Yeah, turning down Da'Vonne's offer of solidarity, then mansplaining her game to her—while on the block? Hahaha, bye, David. I hope you're gone soon. Pretty just ain't cuttin' it, and it's 2020; wake up!

Posted (edited)

So David said Janelle was telling people that Da'Vonne almost voted to keep Nicole A.  Last night, he fessed up to Da that it was actually Tyler and Cody who said that, both proving who the real liar is and throwing his alliance under the bus.  Awesome.  I sincerely hope every time Da'Vonne talks with him about anything she tells him his credit is bad.

Edited by Mockingbird

angelmi   

Davonne and Bayliegh tried to explain to him that they 3 are making history and should be working together but he is wanting to work with Tyler and Cody just like the whole last year when he wanted to be with Jack and Jackson even though he knows they were horrible people.  HE is lost.  

krb428   

He's possibly the most delusional BB player ever—and that's saying something. He really has no idea how to network/schmooze but seems to think he's a gift from the heavens and possibly the smartest person alive. He's weird AF, and he makes me uncomfortable all the way around.

skat510   
2 hours ago, Mockingbird said:

I sincerely hope every time Da'Vonne talks with him about anything she tells him his credit is bad.

The credit thing is annoying. And dumb.

Everyone wanted to give this guy the benefit of the doubt because of how he was treated last year but man, what a flop he turned out to be.

Yesterday afternoon, Kaysar told Janelle that David would blow up his own alliance eventually.  He's on his way already.

dana k   

I hate to drag this idiot back up to the top, but jeepers he is a moron beyond compare (unless you compare him to Kevin, but I digress....). During David's lengthy run of "who, ME?" performances last night, he was chatting with Kevin outside. Kevin was throwing around a bunch of theories about which person might have saved David and why. David was playing along like he was convinced by and/or interested in Kevin's numbskull notions that one of the power players may have saved David for strategic reasons. During a brief lull, David suggested (paraphrased):  "Or maybe they secretly saved me because I'm part of a big alliance nobody knows about."

From the look on Kevin's face, it was clear that he was immediately concerned that David may have spilled some truth, and was therefore Kevin's secret enemy in a plot to evict Kevin. Even so, it took David many long seconds before he delivered the punch line, which was basically, "I wish I was. [pause] Part of a big alliance."

Among David's many non-skills is comedy. He delivered the whole thing like he was sharing serious info with Kevin, then realized far too late that he ought to clarify that it was a joke. David just cannot stop himself from sabotaging whatever wafer-thin support he still has there.