Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

David Alexander - BB21 - Two-time rookie - Evicted 9th

Tsylyst   

bbas_cast_david_alexande_800x1000.jpg

Hometown: Atlanta
Current city: Los Angeles
Previous season: Big Brother 21. David played a good social game during his short time on the show, but didn't have the whole BB experience because his game was cut short due to a surprise opening night twist.

Photo courtesy CBS.COM

--------------------------------

7-6-2019 7.58.16 PM 0821.png

BB21 screencap from HT

Was banished by "camp director" Jackson Michie on Day 1 and re-entered the house to live (but not play) as part of the Camp Comeback twist for a couple weeks but lost the comp to win his way back into the actual game.

Previous HT thread: http://www.hamstertime.net/ht/index.php?/topic/4046-david-alexander-dont-bother-remembering-his-name/

Tsylyst   

I've seen several mentions now where he clearly doesn't know anything about BB, BB past seasons or BB veterans. Though that may have been understandable last year when he was a recruit, how does he STILL not know what a unitard is, for example?

No question he got a raw deal last year with the Camp Comeback twist and banishment on Night 1. But he did come back into the house for several weeks and apparently didn't learn anything about the game. And then didn't learn anything about it after he went home. AND after he got a call to be on this season, still didn't bother to do any homework about the show.

If BB does a season of returnees that were early evictions and supposedly never got a chance to prove themselves, he would be a good fit for that. But he should not be on an "All Star" season.

angelmi   

His tweet that everybody keeps retweeting because everybody wants to know why he is here, says that he is grateful to have been asked to represent the young black men.  They are saying there is 2 men and 2 women of color this season, I guess that means Kevin too.  There has been a lot of Black men that did not make it far because they were alone that knows more about BB but David was a recruit before I guess he was a model.  David with Kat last year sparked a lot of attention too. 

Every All-Star season of a reality show has someone who is definitely not an All-Star who does pretty good (Stares at Mrs. Boston Rob) so kudos to him for getting on. He's at least doing well socially but I can see someone dragging him to Final 2 to win against.

Tsylyst   
47 minutes ago, angelmi said:

David asks Cody what was Julie talking about who is going to win Renegades or Bomb squad,  Cody says that was Mine and Memphis alliance names. 

*sigh*

I'll stop beating the not-an-All-Star drum soon. Honestly, it's not even that I think he's not a star or player enough to be considered an All-Star (those are debatable based on your definition of the terms) as much as that with stuff like this he's telling the fans at home that he doesn't respect the show (and by extension us) enough to put any effort into it. It's just a silly thing that isn't worthy of his time or something.

Because even after being asked to be on the show a SECOND time and knowing that it was going to be a season full of veterans, he still didn't bother to learn anything about the show or the major players from previous seasons that might have ended up in the house with him. It isn't like they got called and then left the next day for LA. It sounds like they had at least a couple weeks to prepare (and I'm sure BB provided them DVDs of previous seasons in sequester if they asked for them, like they offer to every other cast). Spending 15 minutes on Google and reading the Wiki season descriptions would have given him familiarity with the major alliance names. Does he know what alliances even are in Big Brother?

tlh9   

hahaha!  @krb428 yeah that's about all he's got going for him.

I was kinda excited to give him another chance in the house/game after last time, but shit.  I totally gotta agree with Tsy and could not have explained it better than he did.  It's just lazy, and yes, disrespectful, and also just stupid.  

On the other hand, I kinda hope that MAYBE he's saying this stupid-ass shit to play dumb to the other HG's.

Tsylyst   

Maybe he'll surprise me, @tlh9 ! If he starts giving super-astute DRs where he is clearly now a BB expert, I'll be very impressed.

Not sure how this would be a good strategy though.

angelmi   

Da is getting him now about the Black Lives matter and how Jack and Jackson used him after the show.  She has not said anything about his time with Katt yet.  Who ever is running his SM said they printed out a lot of the BB rules and facts and hoped he had studied them in sequester but does not sound like he did. This talk is sitting off a fire storm.  

zclue   

It's very disappointing that he didn't bother to do even a minimal amount of research before coming back into the house. I was very happy to see him return since he was done wrong last season. But his spot was wasted if he really is as ignorant about previous players, alliances, and the history of the game as he seems. 

Magpie   

Hard to say how much he knows, since he just said (per the live feed recaps) that he's intentionally playing dumb. 

Tsylyst   
1 minute ago, Tsylyst said:

David says that he doesn't have any solid alliances, but he is down to work with her.

"But I'm still playing it like a newb," he says. He says he's asking people how Veto works and things because he wants to seem innocent. Da'Vonne applauds him for that.

Well, I guess @tlh9 is right. I stand corrected on what I've been saying in this thread.

Now I need to know more about his strategy, because I have to think that if I were going into a house of players that respect strong players and I pretended that I *wasn't* a strong player, that wouldn't make me very popular as a potential alliance partner. Maybe it would keep me safe a couple weeks as bigger targets were picked off, but down the road is that a strategy that can last to the end of the game?

tlh9   
Posted (edited)

omg!  I can't believe that I actually called that right.  It was just the faintest glimmer of a hope.

But yeah -- in All-Stars, is acting like a TOTAL newb gonna get him very far?? 
Will the others think the same thing @Tsylyst was thinking and just get pissed off about that??
Will he also play on sympathies about how he got "done wrong" last time? 

Edited by tlh9
atrocious typos, geezus.

dana k   

I question how popular he could possibly become among a bunch of people who fancy themselves "famous" if he keeps acting like he's never heard of any of them. It might be seen as a plus to keep him around if they think his ignorance makes him malleable, but he'd also have to tread lightly around some of those egos.

gforce   

I agree, it's an iffy long term strategy.  Time will tell in the next few weeks if he can adjust his approach as people get to know him better.