Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Memphis Garrett - BB10 - MemPa remembers when you had to follow rules! - Evicted 12th

Tsylyst   

bbas_cast_memphis_garrett_800x1000.jpg

Hometown: Collierville, Tennessee
Current city: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Previous season: Big Brother 10 (runner-up). Memphis came in second to BB legend Dan Gheesling, and was part of one of the most famous duos in Big Brother, The Renegades.

Photo courtesy CBS.COM

--------------------------------

memphis.jpg

BB10 cast photo from CBS.com

Placed 2nd in BB10 against Dan and was the first finalist to never get a single jury vote. Was a member of The Renegades alliance.

Previous HT thread: http://www.hamstertime.net/ht/index.php?/topic/632-memphis/

Someone started calling him Mempa in the feeds, but I didn't see why.    Is he going for the  Chicken George Dad of the Group?

Magpie   

Tsylyst was calling him Grandma Memphis because he (Memphis, not Tsy) is going around acting SLOWOLD and bundling up in sweaters and shit. "Mempa" is the abbreviated version. 

Tsylyst   

He was legit wearing a blanket as a shawl yesterday morning like a ragged old granny. He seems a bit confused by the newfangled ways of the house and game, too. And he refers to his season as happening in the Stone Age.

Truth is, I'm older than him (by a hair), but he is clearly the grandpa of the house. So, MemPa.

hefgypsy   

I think he's the one person in the house that really looks different (not just older). Everyone else looks the same. Even the OGs.

tlh9   

Him going around wrapped up like a granny was kinda hilarious.  Sad, but kinda hilarious.

Dude is 5 years younger than I am, but from reading the recaps, sounds like he's 10 years older. And I'm fat and have diabetes and MS. Christmas or Tyler start getting him to perk up. 

On 8/8/2020 at 2:52 PM, hefgypsy said:

I think he's the one person in the house that really looks different (not just older). Everyone else looks the same. Even the OGs.

Ha!  When they showed him and the subtitle said "Memphis" I assumed that was the location and couldn't figure out who the hell that All-Star was.  When they began showing the clips, I laughed and laughed and said "look at this guy they got to play Memphis this season!"   He looks nothing like his former self and 20 years older than he should.  

Magpie   

He was actually pretty well-respected around here his first season. Check out the thread from back then (link is in the first post in this thread). 

angelmi   

I liked him better then Dan back then.  So sad he is not like that now, or it is just HOHists and last week have not.  HE was really upset about his sleep more then his food.  HE is an early to bed early up guy.  

dana k   

He really must be bitter about his stay in Have Not Hotel. I suspect that's how NicoleA ended up nominated, and it was clear he also wanted Ian on the block before Christmas made that a no-go. Those darned kids are the reason BB wouldn't turn his lights out!

Posted (edited)

Memphis is playing hard and loud as a SLOWOLD in their 2nd week.  This does not bode well for his longevity in the game.  He doesn't have the mental RAM nor physical brawn (I wondered who had eaten Memphis when they showed his intro) to forge forward at this pace for the entire season.  I give him until week 4 before he sees the door.

Edited by copssister

MrsGryn   

I don't think he sussed out who the players really were before he started aligning with people. 

angelmi   

Memphis made a comment today that he was going after TMZ when he gets out because in his season they called that he was be busted broke after the game.  Well Memphis just made it again with his whole HOH this week and how he treats David and everybody else,  Great read on the whole show.