Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Ian Terry - BB14 - That guy who looks old all of a sudden - Evicted 6th

tlh9   
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, copssister said:

I don't recall him rocking at all during his season

what???  hahaha!  just teasing.  He constantly did -- except most of it was in the hammock.  Didn't he actually break the thing more than once and then finally they got a new one that didn't sqeak so bad??

9 hours ago, MrsGryn said:

That seems odd but also entirely plausible. 

Entirely plausible, one of my nephews was not diagnosed until way, way older and based on other's observations..... so, if it can happen with him, I suppose it could have to Ian also.  

Also..... that pillow is fucking awesome.  They seriously should have had that.

Edited by tlh9
wanted to respond to a couple more things and not break the rules with a double-post

angelmi   

For someone so smart and a fan of the show, he knows that he was the biggest target when he walked in being a previous winner, being up against Memphis who is a devoted Dan friend, Janelle told him that Nicole was with the big alliance.  Kaysar told him,  The wall yellers have told him every single week.  20 years of back stabbing and lying to each other's faces.  I feel sorry for him but when he gets out he is going to need more medical help then just being a good sportsman.  And Nicole needs to forget saving face over voting him out when she sees her reputation after this,  no more ms nice girl, ever though I never saw her as a nice girl in bed with Corey. 

I don't feel sorry for him at all.  Janelle and Kaysar tried to warn him about the big alliance and he didn't care because at the time his ass wasn't on the block. He couldn't see the long game so now it's too late.

Magpie   

Someone on Twitter joked that they hope Ian goes "full Cornbread" on his way out, and I am so hoping that happens. 

JunkTV   

My guess is that Ian going out 1st to jury validates all of the "he didn't deserve to win" talk.  He said several times last night from winner to 1st in jury.

angelmi   

HE was just lucky his last season, they carried him half way because he was no threat, Dan carried him the rest of the way thinking easy win against him but just like Paul bitter jury against someone that has played the best game.  This season shows Ian did not deserve the first win either.  

dana k   

I think Ian is having an entitlement breakdown, having gotten comfy thinking Nicole was protecting him with full support of Cody, et al. I expect more of the same to follow from all of those (self-proclaimed) cool-headed folks in the power alliance as they're nominated and realize their endangerment is for real. It's amusing to hear Nicole and Dani worry that "Ian will think we played him!" Ummm you DID play him. That's going to be the one thing he for sure gets right on his way out to meet Julie. Emotionally, he's blaming Kevin (how dare you accept being vetoed?!) and David (how dare you save yourself with a power?!)... complaining that he's going out on a "mistake", but he's getting zero votes from the people he expected to protect him. Sorry, Ian... you were the next available boot in the lineup once the three targets were safe. That puts you 8th in the majority pecking order. Even Nicole would have nominated you if/when there was no other option Cody approved of. Surely he will do the math and figure that out. Nicole has lied to him so much throughout the game that he couldn't avoid assuming that he was solidly ensconced in the ultimate F4.

This is the downside of thinking you're perpetually safe because the power has been on your side every week. Oops. I am also one who doesn't really feel sorry for him. If he's so great at the game, how did Nicole bamboozle him so easily? She's a proven snake, which he should have known. Ian got lazy.

tlh9   

hahaha!  that would be like Nicole, think she's doing something magnanimous for someone by trying to get them to pay $3,000 for her wedding/honeymoon.

MrsGryn   
1 hour ago, Mockingbird said:

Nicole could make it up to him by inviting him to her wedding.  She says she hasn't.

No point now since he is out of the running for the grand prize and doesn't have the spare change. Nicole can't have freeloaders at her wedding, after all!

dana k   

Hey, Desbronte... my pleasure! I'm a babbler by nature, and grateful that it's occasionally a good thing. Thank you!

As for Ian... I didn't buy his "classy" exit at face value. He acted like he was 100% cool about being evicted, but his eyes over that mask didn't match his words. I'm happy for him that he went out with a demeanor that won't embarrass him later, but I suspect he was still seething a bit under the surface. Tyler's farewell message (naming the whole alliance) was unusual for a juror's exit, but I bet it could prove to be good jury management should Tyler end up in final two. Plus, it made Cody's farewell look like the BS that it was.