Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Ian Terry - BB14 - That guy who looks old all of a sudden - Evicted 6th

Tsylyst   

bbas_cast_ian_terry_800x1000.jpg

Hometown: Pittsburgh
Current city: Houston
Previous season: Big Brother 14 (winner)

Photo courtesy CBS.COM

--------------------------------

B3VCap-2012-09-18_21-19-44-116.jpg

BB14 screencap from HT

Won BB14. Was part of Team Boogie in the Coaches twist and later organized Boogie's eviction. Member of the Quack Pack alliance.

Previous HT thread: http://www.hamstertime.net/ht/index.php?/topic/1467-ian/

Minxy   

I’m just now getting to watch last night’s ep, and just noticed that.  

angelmi   

And mustache, but after watching him on the feeds he is the same kid that drove us crazy in the hammock, he still is hiding out and watching people and rocking back and forth. 

krb428   

Why don't they just give him a rocking chair? He's seriously making me want one to buy one just watching him.

hefgypsy   
Posted (edited)

I think he said he was on the spectrum and rocks when he has anxiety. I do hope he calms down soon as he is making me a little seasick.

Edited by hefgypsy
ETA

krb428   
Posted (edited)

Yes; he's quite open about that; Nicole A too. (Me too. I get it; just thinking that a rocking chair would be nice and would make it feel less conspicuous perhaps.) You gotta hand it to anyone who enters that game with any sort of social anxiety. That takes some serious fortitude.

Edited by krb428

I'm skeptical - thinking he may just be attempting to display (perceived) weakness with the goal to lay low for the first few weeks.  I don't recall him rocking at all during his season - not saying one can't develop anxiety issues as they move through life, but his seem conveniently timed.

zclue   

I think it's real. He was ALWAYS rocking in that hammock out back during his first season. But the backyard's been shut down so he hasn't had that option.

I remember recappers constantly mentioning the squeaking of the hammock every time they were in the backyard. 

I'll lighten my skepticism a bit, then.....I do remember him always being in the hammock, but cannot recall him rocking.  Thanks for weighing in since my memory is SLOWOLD these days.

MrsGryn   

CHECK THE TAPES!

Yeah, Ian was always rocking. Squeak squeak. Squeak squeak. Tsy is having a seizure right now thinking about it.

It seems from the recaps that Ian was not diagnosed with being on the spectrum prior to his season when he read about himself online and got diagnosed by a doctor. That seems odd but also entirely plausible. 

chrysana   

It's plausible for a variety of reasons.

It's hard to see Ian with grey hair. I'm curious how he'll do this time around. My guess is he can fly under the radar as different duos target each other. I'd be OK with him winning twice. Nicole, not so much.

angelmi   

Still has that little boy face but the grey hair and and beard is really different.  Dani told Nicole F last night she thought Ian was faking it to get attention this year, but Nicole F thinks it is real.