Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Chenterview - Get to know your fellow posters

Tsylyst   

Get to know your fellow posters a little better by interviewing the person that posts after you.

Here's how it works: A poster answers the last question posed in the thread then poses his or her own question. The next person answers that question and poses another, and so on. Be abstract or specific, but answers should be real -- otherwise, what's the point of trying to get to know you?

I'll start us off with a question for the next poster:

Exactly how crazy have you been going without any BB to watch this summer?

MrsGryn   

Surprisingly not as much as I might have been in a regular year without the other insanity. BB was always a fun thing to have outside of work and whatever else was causing stress. 

Have you learned discovered a TV show or movie or something else that you might otherwise not have seen without the pandemic shutdowns?

uaintjak   

Lots.  I’ve found all kinds of good shows that I probably would have skipped.  I’ve posted bunches of them in the various appropriate threads.

if you were cast on BB and the prize was a million dollars so you’re totally going to do it even though your secret partner is a Hantz, what would you worry most about getting caught on camera doing?

Tsylyst   

Really any sort of private bathroom activity. The internet doesn't need screencaps of that.

Also: sneezing. Trust me. Fisty knows why.

Speaking of bathroom activities: How many times would HT recappers catch you exiting the bathroom without washing your hands?

gforce   

Never.  I did the twenty second thing before it was fashionable.

What is your go-to BB watching snack?

In the early days of HT.....corn nuts.   More recently, charcuterie.  

I long for the days of PB&J and MIME!   Which olden-day BB staple do you wish they'd bring back into the game?

krb428   

I feel like I say this at least once a year, but I so wish they'd bring back the food comps and get rid of the lazy, default slop option. It seems designed to amp up the whining, and I just don't think it's necessary! The whining works better when it's organic.

Do you DVR the shows so you can watch at your leisure, or do you feel compelled to watch in real time as soon as it airs?

MrsGryn   

Lately, mostly DVR. I do watch other things live, like some things on the Food Network and Phil's new, slightly terrible show on Wednesday nights. Always watch Bachelor/ette shows live, too. 

If you work, how has that changed for you since the pandemic?

I have worked from home 3 days a week for the last 15 years, I never realized I actually enjoyed going into the office now and then, so this full time work at home thing is getting to me.

Were you ( or any of your family members and friend) tested positive for COVID19. If so, how are they doing?

Tsylyst   

So far it's only been people a couple degrees of separation from me. Friend of a friend kind of thing.

Are you going to be watching the feeds this season?

tlh9   

For the first time ever, I think I am going to try it.  I'm doing some freelance work from home while looking for a job that will most likely be remote aka work from home.  I'm not sure if getting the feeds will be a good thing, or not!  haha!

Has your work gone remote, and if so, do you like it better that way, or not?

Oddly, for YEARS I yearned for 100% work-from-home.  We've been WFH since early March and my company isn't even considering anyone going back to the office before 2021.  I'm now admitting that I don't like not having the option of going into the office.  For the work I do, while it can be done effectively while remote, there are certain types of meetings which would be so much more productive in-person vs virtual.  And, this not-very-peopley person actually misses a handful of her work mates.  

We could argue endlessly for the debate over the Hamster GOAT - but which hammie is your FOAT (favorite of all time), and why?

tlh9   

I would have to say that it's a tie between Dan, and Derrick.  As for why, just the deftness with which they played the game and managed the others -- that, and maintained being decent and reasonably likable human beings in the process, and they seem to be that in real life also.  I know that maybe isn't supposed to matter, but to me, it raises them on my "personal likeability scale". 

Some might argue about Dan and Danielle (was that her name?  i think so) but I see that as game play and strategy, not an inherent "meanness" or anything.  Derrick's main flaw -- so far as my enjoyment -- was talking.  SO.  much.  But, he must have sensed that was what he needed to do, and it worked for him, so, good.  He wasn't as entertaining as Dan, but played everyone around him like a fiddle.  I like watching people do things skillfully and have a good time in the process.  I also really liked Dr. Will in his 1st season.

anyway sorry, but I couldn't pick just a single one.  Also I know those two might coincide with "Greatest of all Time" too -- but to me those are my absolute favorites.  But if you were gonna give me a box of dark chocolate raspberry truffles if I did settle on just one, I'd have to go with Dan.

Do you still do (and enjoy) things that are considered by many to be "kid things"?  And if so, what?
Like, swinging, or playing with Legos on occasion, or running through a sprinkler, just for a couple examples.

I still watch a lot of cartoons. Like more than most live action shows including ones that aren't Nostalgia or Nostalgia bait for my generation. I mean, so long as you're doing something fun with the medium, I don't care if it's meant for 10 year olds. Some of Disney and Cartoons Network's recent shows have storytelling more satisfying than some primetime dramas

Planning to do something special for the premiere on Wednesday?

Tsylyst   

Well, I bought two different brands of corn nuts today. So Fisty and I might have a taste test.

Who are you most hoping to see walk through the door on Wednesday as a player?