Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Survivor 41 - Coming 2021

Tsylyst   

Survivor 41 has been bumped from CBS' fall schedule because they haven't been able to start filming yet.

Producers “are continuing to work with officials in Fiji on the appropriate time to start production on its next edition, with health and safety matters the top priority for everyone involved,” CBS said in a statement.

https://tvline.com/2020/07/14/swat-fall-premiere-date-season-4-survivor-delayed-cbs/

MrsGryn   

That makes me a little sad but would rather - as with all things in the world right now - have them be safe. 

gforce   

Well, this would be a great time to have that Survivor: Antarctica edition that I've always wanted!

Tsylyst   

Yes! Or just, like, "Survivor: Rocky Mountains."

They're so hung up on Fiji for reasons I don't fully understand. It's pretty, but it all runs together at this point.

uaintjak   

Can't run around in your underwear in The Rockies or Antarctica though.

Just move them into the BB house and give them no running water, electricity, or furniture. They can battle the ants there just as well as in the jungle. Release some of those snakes BB had in previous seasons, throw like 3 minnows in the pool every couple of days. I'm sure they could get another sound stage or two on the CBS lot for multiple tribes or challenges. 

Jade   

Or, working off the The Rockies idea.... why not just throw them in a remote camping ground? There must be dozens in remote enough areas not to draw too much attention. There are gorgeous camp grounds all over the place.... near lakes and rivers and the beach. There'd be plenty of room to build comps. They won't have to destroy any real wild life. And, they might even be able to fish.

I'm guessing the United States doesn't offer the filming perks compared to Fiji.  May not be cost-effective to film in the US.  

Little do we know, CBS probably bought an island to film all these seasons on and it's Jeff's to keep when they finally stop churning these out in another 10 years. 

MrsGryn   

Ha, I like the idea of Probst Island. To get the upgraded suite, you need to complete a slide puzzle in less than 15 minutes. 

They stick with Fiji because of perks, as noted above, the cost of filming there, the gorgeous location, the stability of the local crew and permanent/semi-permanent sets. Jeff talked about that in an interview before.