Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Tyson's use of a fire token

Using a Fire Token for Peanut Butter  

15 members have voted

1. Tyson found the advantage on Jurassic Island and sold it for a fire token, only to buy a large jar of peanut butter with the token. Was this a good move?

• Yes
    • No

At first I thought it was a stupid move.  But maybe it's all the self-quarantine thinking I've been doing, and now I'm rather applauding the move.  Seize the day!  Who knows how many chances to earn tokens they'll be given?  If that's the only token he gets, use it for fuel now.  

MrsGryn   

Kind of what I was thinking: he has to have guessed the others have tokens from previous challenges and he knows his best chance of getting back in the game is through whatever challenge they throw at the exiles, so why not get some nutrition now to keep going? 

yesteach   

For much the same reason. They have to know this is coming to an end, no chance to catch up to the others, get some food! Only flaw I can see is if somehow they need a token to participate in the get back in challenge... Or could buy extra time/help/advantage with their tokens... And now he has none.

Tsylyst   

They already know they can use tokens to buy advantages in the return comp (at least, I think I remember there being a sign to that effect somewhere on the Extinction beach in the first or second episode). So I would rather try to save tokens for that.

Here's the thing, how the heck is he going to hide a giant vat of peanut butter? And even more, peanut butter is a very distinctive smell on the breath. I give it one day before Rob literally smells him out and is passing the jar around the group while telling them all what a snake Tyson is. He should have saved it, the unknown is better down the line on the island. Though, good for him for being smart enough to figure out the tide. 

Magpie   

I think it was a poorly thought out move. Sure, he hasn't had chances to collect a little stack of tokens yet, but he's got to figure he's stronger than most of the women on the island, and he's in better shape than Rob and Ethan, so he's got a good chance in any future comps. Not knowing how that token might have helped in the future, I'm thinking buying peanut butter was not the best choice. 

Tsylyst   

I thought the same thing about the smell, nixie!

It's not like he has something else to wash it down with out there.

Yeah, I get that if I were hungry enough, I'd eat most anything.  However, straight peanut butter is tolerable for no more than 2 scoops.  It would take me 90+ days to eat that entire jar, assuming I was smart enough to hide it effectively from both the other contestants and ANTS!