Sign in to follow this  
gforce

Sophie Georgina Clarke - Koru - Exiled Thirteenth

knewb   

She's one of those people you talk to when you call about signing up for health insurance?

No memory of her or her season.

tlh9   

Ah, okay.  What a fancy-sounding name for that!

I remember her only because Sophie was my Great-Gramma's name, so she "registered" with me.  Plus I think I liked her, at least generally.

MrsGryn   

Won against: Coach and Albert (6-3-0)

Season brief: Redemption Island. Ozzy and Coach were both returnees. We also had John Cochran and Brandon Hantz. 

What MrsGryn remembers about this player: Nothing. I literally have zero recollection of this broad.

MrsGryn's Thumbs Up or Down: No thumb since I can't remember her. 

tlh9   

I can't remember anything she did, just the name, and the slightly-different look about her.  Something about the eyes I think.

uaintjak   

I started rewatching her season on Amazon Prime, and she definitely gets lost in the shuffle of personalities.  You have Coach and Ozzie each playing for the third time, you have Cochran, you have arguably the craziest Hantz, Brandon, you have his tawdry temptress Mikayla...and then you have her, and she's a bit of a drip starting off.

Oh and also that crazy crying mom.

Edited by uaintjak

uaintjak   

So it turns out the reason no one remembers her is because her season was absolute shit.  Tons of predictable tribals, whining, hypocrisy, praying to Jesus, and Coach’s special brand of smug preaching.  It sucked, and it turns out that Crying Mormon Mom was the best contestant all along.

AVorlon   

I couldn't remember Sophie either, because she was so overshadowed by the other players.  It finally occurred to me that I could watch this on CBS All  Access, since I'm still subscribed to that and all the back episodes are available.  In the first episode we hear from Sophie that she just graduated from college, and could speak Russian, but that was about it.

5 hours ago, uaintjak said:

it turns out that Crying Mormon Mom was the best contestant all along.

I haven't re-watched the whole thing, but if Crying Mormon Mom was the best contestant, then why did Sophie win?

AVorlon   

I did find it interesting in the first episode that Cochran was concerned about being voted out first. He said that being voted out before the old gay guy and "the girls" was insulting. to him.

Funny what you catch by watching it again..

uaintjak   

Yeah I remember being pretty fond of Cochran and not liking Dawn at all.  My views on them completely changed.

Coach was still a gigantic douchebag though.

Edited by uaintjak

MrsGryn   

Pretty sorry to see Sophie go. While I could not remember her to safe my life at the beginning, she certainly proved herself to be a smart player. Loved her comment at Tribal Council about not being the person with all the extra credit stuff like Mathlete and Debate Team. It's a fine balance and she might have pulled if off if it weren't for Tony's jealousy of her relationship with Sarah.