Tsylyst

House Analysis and Discussion

angelmi   

Their training they had pre show sure did not take, just like it did not last year.  Memphis was really the one making fun of him and Nicole just laughed,  Dani thinks it is fake and just to get attention.  We all are human and raised differently so we can't all be perfect.  And BB live feeds are for us to complain about that is why they pay them the big bucks to go on and display their good and bad.  Everybody is reminding us that Memphis did not get one jury vote he was so bad on his season, we got Dan's left overs and the one that beat him, so that is Memphis' problem Dan beat him and Ian beat Dan.  

If you sport a job title like “influencer” and then go on national TV and behave in an unbecoming manner, you really deserve the fallout that comes.  This is especially true if this isn’t your first time in the BB house.  Isn’t this Nicole’s 3rd time? 

I have no pity for her at all. I think of it kind of like educators who go on social media and spout racist crap.  What do you expect to happen?

That is why, even here where we snark about the houseguests, people have limits about how far they will go. I’ve little doubt that it has everything to do with what that person can lose.

MrsGryn   
13 hours ago, uaintjak said:

Yeah, maybe, but would any of us?  I don’t mean some of the more extreme stuff, but look...we spend our time here making fun of people.  Do any of you think you could turn that off for three months?  I know I couldn’t.  And if Ian freaked me out, I’d say that Ian freaked me out, regardless of him being autistic or not.

Oh, you're not wrong. But there is a world of difference between saying someone freaks me out vs. laughing about his differences and imitating the behavior in a derogatory way. Additionally, everyone on BB22, with the exception of David, understands exactly how their game works and how anything can be captured and broadcast at any time. Especially in a hypersensitive atmosphere out in the real world, as Nicole is going to find out soon enough. 

angelmi   

After 2 am this morning Cody and Dani were up talking and they know America hates Memphis for what he did and Cody says he would like to take out Memphis soon, but Dani says anybody would be win against him F2.  I hope they don't bring him all the way, he is such dead weight. 

Tsylyst   

Feeds were down for nearly 8 hours last night because of another wall yeller. Presumably CBS doesn't want to encourage that behavior, so Production shuts down the feeds so the yellers can't get the satisfaction of seeing the hamsters talk about them.

I totally get being overly invested in BB (hello, look around), but these people are seriously annoying when the feeds get blocked for the whole country over and over because of the actions of a couple people. Plus, it ruins the integrity of the game -- even what little of it there is this season.

Magpie   
43 minutes ago, Tsylyst said:

Plus, it ruins the integrity of the game -- even what little of it there is this season.

The attempt to influence gameplay is the part that pisses me off. Why do people who most likely consider themselves to be true "fans" feel it's OK to interfere with the game like this? We all know it's frustrating watching them bumble about, but that's kind of the point. Let the hammies make their mistakes, let your fave screw up and get evicted. That's how BB works, ffs. 

Entitled generation - believes they have a right to influence the game.  I'm guessing they also drink hard seltzer.   Now where is that corkscrew??

gforce   

To be fair, banner planes and wall yellers have been with BB US for as long as I can remember.  I think they even had the planes in season 1.  What amazes me is that people would actually spend money to send a banner plane over in the first place.  

Tsylyst   

But with the planes, there was a lot of work involved because the money had to be raised, plane booked and message decided on in advance that you hoped wouldn't be out-of-date by the time it flew, and THEN you had to hope that there was someone outside to see it because there wasn't an app to pull up feeds or Twitter on your phone so you know who is outside at exactly that moment. And BB quickly set up rules like the hamsters couldn't look up when they were outside, and there were spotters that would see the planes before they even got close to CBS and they would send the cast inside for a few minutes and everything was fine. I'm pretty sure there have been more wall yellers in the past few weeks than confirmed banner planes in all seasons combined.

Now all it takes is one crazy fan with a car and the feeds on their cell phone to drive up and scream. And unlike the cost of a plane, it's basically free.

One of the reasons for the increase in wall yellers is the new way the game is being played.  Nobody likes to watch a season where one group steamrolls their way to the end and the others don't do anything to stop it. I think people are getting frustrated with this kind of game play and trying to wake up some people and tell them to play. I definitely sympathize. The interference with the game only bothers me a little, since production help anyone they want and steers the game in ways I consider worse than yellers.

I wouldn't do it myself because the people who roll over and die so Nicole can pretend she's winning a popularity contest are too stupid for me to want to help.  Also, the people in the house this season had Janelle and Kaysar trying to light fires under their stupid asses and they just mocked Janelle and Kaysar.  Also, my standard practice is to develop a deep hatred for everyone.

Edited by Mockingbird

dana k   

Yeah... this time around, it feels more like Old Man Yells at Cloud than past seasons' attempts to influence the game or hurt/help individuals in a way that would actually affect the outcome. The yellers may have targets (Cody and Nicole or whomever), but what pleasing game effect could that have other than disrupting stuff and causing brief, ineffectual drama? The cake is already baked to the point where yellers might hurt Cody or Nicole, but to what end?... Christmas or Memphis win instead? Who's rooting for that? And even if disruptions could seriously alter the game in a way that underdogs might have a chance... David or Kevin win? Who's rooting for that? I'm rooting for more drama, but that's only going to happen if different people win comps (as has happened this week). 

The yellers are just wrecking the feeds at this point. If they want to hurt the power players, just say more mean stuff about them on Twitter or wherever.

I can't stand Kevin, but I still hoped Da'Vonne would use the veto. For entertainment purposes, not because I give a crap about Kevin staying. I can barely even look at that guy. I'd rather Ian stay, but he'd probably just serve the power alliance if he did get HOH, so what's the point of investing in that? Of the two, I'd rather Tyler leave. Here's hoping... though I'm not optimistic. One good result of this renom is that Nicole's stock is already going down among her alliance. If she fights for Ian to stay or forces Dani to break a tie, she's going to face consequences. Odds are high for a few days of vigorous crying.

4 hours ago, gforce said:

To be fair, banner planes and wall yellers have been with BB US for as long as I can remember.  I think they even had the planes in season 1.  What amazes me is that people would actually spend money to send a banner plane over in the first place.  

In season 2, a bunch of us (people from another fan site who defected, and some of the founders of HT) chipped in to fly a banner.  It never flew.  All planes were grounded due to 9/11.  The money collected was donated to 9/11 relief charities.

I think the frustration with the alleged  "pre-game' alliance is what is driving yellers crazy. I know just the possibility of it being true has taken the fun out for me, Now would I be scaling walls in this California heat? Nah, fam. 

Kyara   

Also, my standard practice is to develop a deep hatred for everyone.

Heh, Mockingbird.. it’s a policy I also employ.

hefgypsy   
21 hours ago, vee_loves_realty said:

I think the frustration with the alleged  "pre-game' alliance is what is driving yellers crazy. I know just the possibility of it being true has taken the fun out for me, Now would I be scaling walls in this California heat? Nah, fam. 

Excuse me if this has been said already but Evil Dick has been tweeting FOREVER that Dan and Derrick set up a pre-game alliance that he feels totally ruined this game. He is sooooooo pissssssssssed. I totally agree with him.