Tsylyst

House Analysis and Discussion

Magpie   
3 minutes ago, angelmi said:

David kicked all the pillows off the hammock and did not want any company,  I think he was suppose to use the power before nominations and did not think he was going up so now he is mad, 

I think this is exactly what happened. From what little info that I've seen so far, it sure looks like David had to secretly use the power before the ceremony (in DR, I'd assume), and that he did not do so. Of course, it could be just the opposite and he's doing a great job of acting pissed off, but... isn't his photo still showing as being one of the noms? I think he blew it. What a surprise.

If this was Survivor, David would be going to jury with an Idol in his pocket.

angelmi   

I agree Dani has been commenting since day one about Ian and Nicole deserves to get all the complains too.   Bayleigh was just on ET with the big fight. 

That is what I think happened too, Dani did not come right out and tell him she was nominating him like she did Kevin.  

Edited by angelmi

In the DR when they told David what power he won, they said this power may be used following one of the next three nomination ceremonies.  That's not to say David couldn't find a way to screw it up, but I think if he's actually pissed off, it's more likely because he thought he was in good with the cool kids and now he's found out he's just another Kevin.

Here's a youtube of Xmas, Dani, and David being told what they won.  David's comes in right at the 3:00 mark.

Edited by Mockingbird

Magpie   

Interesting! I wonder when exactly it comes into play, then, since it appears it has not been used. Dani will have to put someone else on the mac, and they play for Veto tomorrow, so... what's up with that, BB?

dana k   

Having to use it prior to nominations being known would be a crap power, and nonsensical. The other two powers are able to be used with advance knowledge of who would/could benefit, so it would be silly to force David to declare use without being able to give a name to save, even if that name is his own. If that was the deal, then they could just call it a general immunity he could invoke as a precaution. He must be acting, right?

I'd guess that it will be something he does secretly in DR to preserve the anonymity of who used it to save him (or whomever). Probably has to do it tonight so they can announce the power was used before they pick for Veto tomorrow. I hope they don't give Dani any substantial time to think of a replacement. It would be funny if they gather everybody with a DISRUPTOR announcement, then insist that Dani must declare a replacement immediately. Probably not... but it would be highly entertaining.

Magpie   

This is BB. "Nonsensical" and "silly" are givens with any twist. 

See also: Survivor, where the Idol must be played before the votes are read.

Tsylyst   

I agree with dana. I presume that David has the opportunity to go into the DR at any point between the nomination ceremony and drawing for Veto players the next morning. Then at the start of the Veto draw, some graphic will show up on the screen behind Dani and they will all be told that a power has been used and Dani must now nominate someone else.

Magpie   

As it happens, I just read on Twitter that David played the power, and Tyler is now on the mac with Kevin. So there ya go.

Wasn’t sure where else to ask this: Anyone else wondering if/when the west coast orange sky wildfire smoke might become a production issue considering most of the comps are outdoors in the bb backyard? Has outdoor air quality come up on the feeds?

Also, I hope there’s public comeuppance for the Ian mockers (without influencer sponsorship, how will Nicole support Victor now, much less a Janelle-less wedding, if she doesn’t win?), because I know enough neuro-diverse people, and the “they’re faking it for attention” wears on them even if they expect it. And I wondered if Ian’s recent inability to compete might have been cumulative stress overload that his normal coping couldn’t completely mitigate.

For this and so many other instances over the last several seasons, I’m so over Petty Pretty People alliances. But Grodner seems to luuuuuv casting them, especially for their “new school” toxic tactics.

krb428   

ShyLurkerGuy, I love your second paragraph; I wondered if that's what was making him feel like shit too.

The only thing that's keeping me semi-involved this season is knowing that there has been and likely still will be actual consequences for these people, and not just a shrug and let's forget it. I'm neurodivergent too, and I'm here to tell you it's not a curse or something to pity people for. And it's weird (but unsurprising) that people just assume it is and that they themselves are the default "normal/healthy" examples of human beings. I'm wondering if some of them know that and actually fear Ian on some level—and that's why they mock him. They don't understand the depth of him.

We all understand the depth of the people mocking him. Ian will win the game with those people. Maybe not the BB game, but he's actually had to work for what he has. There's a growth he's experienced that they haven't, and it's why you'd rather have lunch with Ian than with Memphis. They really don't see that... so tell me now... who's handicapped here? Heh.

The first video I saw with Memphis, Dani, and Nicole bashing Ian showed Cody in the bed in between Nicole (in bed) and Dani (standing).  Cody had his arm across his face but clearly said that Ian freaked him out.

MrsGryn   

Yes, perhaps, but it's the kind of thing adults - especially someone who is a father himself, or a nurse who has ostensibly been trained on dealing with people with neurological differences - should keep to themselves. Especially when they know they are being watched 24/7. 

uaintjak   

Yeah, maybe, but would any of us?  I don’t mean some of the more extreme stuff, but look...we spend our time here making fun of people.  Do any of you think you could turn that off for three months?  I know I couldn’t.  And if Ian freaked me out, I’d say that Ian freaked me out, regardless of him being autistic or not.

krb428   

I guess the difference is degree of separation. I think it's different to do it in the house where he's living and can't get away from them—and, since I just find them all so damn tedious, it's easy to hate on them for it and hope they're smacked down for it later. (Wanted to also say that our ripping on hamsters for doing anything is not causing any kind of feelings for me. This is about them, not us; and I agree this is all about making fun of them. Go nuts!)