Tsylyst

Big Brother 22 - Premieres Aug. 5

tlh9   

Wow!!  Isn't that unprecedented, to not know who is going in, until they go in?
although i guess there was that one year where at least some of the HG's were voted on or something last-second.....

Magpie   

Correct, that was the previous All Stars season (Season 7). America voted for 8 hammies to enter the house (sorry, Ivette, NOT YOU), and production picked 6. 

Tsylyst   

Grodner gave Entertainment Weekly some details on how this is all going to work: https://ew.com/tv/big-brother-all-stars-premiere-covid-19-coronavirus/

Some things of note: There's a new set for Julie in the front of the house, they've come up with "a creative solution" for the backyard in terms of the competition building, the two-hour live premiere will be guided by Julie so there will be extra opportunity for a Chenbot malfunction, and Zingbot will for sure show up.

Also: The target finale date is in the fall, so it sounds like this will be a regular-length season of around 100 days.

It also sounds like production won't be entering the house much because when they do they have to clean the entire thing before they leave. Fewer lockdowns perhaps?

krb428   

Is there a common thread of cleanliness/compliance among those chosen for this season? I wonder. Because that would be smart casting.

(I remember that Joe guy, who is not in this cast, used to stick his hands in his pants, move his junk around, then go cook for the group; once he did it right before he rubbed oil and seasoning into a salmon, "prepping" it. I wouldn't want to live near a person with that mindset in the midst of a pandemic of any kind.)

tlh9   

Did anyone see that article linked at the end of the article Tsy linked to, that was EW's "BB All-Star Dream Team"?

Most of those I agree with, at least in that I would find them entertaining, if not that they were very good and interesting players..... but how -- or why -- in the hell did they pick Donny & Bayleigh??  And leave out someone like Nakomis??  What is wrong with some people?!

5 hours ago, Tsylyst said:

Grodner gave Entertainment Weekly some details on how this is all going to work: https://ew.com/tv/big-brother-all-stars-premiere-covid-19-coronavirus/

Some things of note: There's a new set for Julie in the front of the house, they've come up with "a creative solution" for the backyard in terms of the competition building, the two-hour live premiere will be guided by Julie so there will be extra opportunity for a Chenbot malfunction, and Zingbot will for sure show up.

Also: The target finale date is in the fall, so it sounds like this will be a regular-length season of around 100 days.

It also sounds like production won't be entering the house much because when they do they have to clean the entire thing before they leave. Fewer lockdowns perhaps?

The rumored finale date I read is October 28. 

5 hours ago, Magpie said:

I just hope they figure out a way to bring Pinhead in to host a comp. 

612744790_1280x720.jpg

I hope they do. I have a soft spot for Jessie. Yeah, he's super dumb, but I can't help but look forward to his appearances every season. 

The TVGuide cast list is interesting. It's basically everyone that was rumored. It's also 19 names so a part feels like throwing something up so you have it later. Josh and Kaycee have almost definitely been confirmed as being out. Same with Danielle Reyes. Then again, we could get someone out of left field.

It's been weird knowing that we're going into a season where, while the cast has been heavily rumored and leaked, no one is absolutely confirmed. But even more than that, they're keeping the house hidden which kind of makes sense from the view that they want to reduce the amount of points of contact before anyone moves in. But it still interests me that maybe there's some surprises in there also as far as design. Or it's more cheap IKEA crap. Probably the second.

They also posted a video with a house tour with Julie.

I don't hate the house this year. We have one of the best looking HoH rooms I can remember, I love that the kitchen has Danielle, Derrick, Will, and Dan looking down on the Hamsters (also Rachel and... Kaycee? Really? Okay, sure), and the second floor walkway actually looks comfy. The lounge is... yikes. Showmance pillows are a choice. A bad choice but a choice. Also not the biggest fan of the Comic Book Bedroom since some of the art choices are less than wonderful. Since Swaggy is one of the people used for that, she 100% chooses to sleep in that room after stealing their pillow from the lounge.

Tsylyst   

I actually like most of that design for a change. Those spray paint can sculptures in the bathroom hallway are cool.

The walls full of rubber ducks in the bathroom though...someone's going to lose an eye when those start getting thrown around.