Tsylyst

Big Brother 22 - Coming 2020, maybe

MrsGryn   
8 hours ago, copssister said:

Well, this would really be a plot twist!  Is it an actual BB season if it's not in the house?

From the article: 

As for Julie, I don't see her leaving her family to fly to Fiji every eviction night so not sure how that would work, so who knows.

Um....why would she do that when they could move to Fiji for a couple of months? It's not like she would be sequestered on Dinosaur Island. 

gforce   

Although I actually am not against the idea, I can't imagine how they could redo an existing structure to meet the kind of camera setups that they need for full coverage.  BB sets are purpose built and retrofitting one (for just one season) would be a costly nightmare. 

The worry of another shutdown does exist though, that's what stopped BB Canada 8 in its tracks.

Would it be a BB house without the ant infestation? Unless they bring ants, it doesn't count. 

I think we will see more and more crazy ass rumors until the show actually airs. I read one last week that there was a poll going around trying to feel out viewers to see if they would watch if there wasn't 24/7 live feeds. Um.... wouldn't that just be any random reality show then? I have a feeling that one was 100% click bait on someone's random page and in no way affiliated with anyone at CBS. 

MrsGryn   

And for those of us still furloughed and stuck at home, we could recap feeds 24/7! Wheeeee!

angelmi   

I am going stir crazy, I understand LA is a lot worst then Oklahoma, soap reruns after 50 years of watching soap is the worst.  I really hope something happens soon with this stupid corona so we get back to normal.  So many businesses shutting down for good,  I just hope we don’t lose Big Brother forever. 

SBTZMom   

Unsure if this is the right forum for this post, but here goes 

Speaking of CBS, "the 'Big Brother' house is under construction, offering a greenshoot of hope to fans that the CBS reality series will air this summer," Peter White reports. "Preliminary production prep has begun," so "there's a chance that the 22nd season of the John De Mol creation will air this summer..." (you can read the full article on Deadline)

krb428   

That's great news that they're trying to make it work safely; I hope they can. Here's the link to the article SBTZMom mentioned  . (Trigger warning: there's a pic of Jackson Michie first thing when you click. Avert eyes as necessary.)

Sounds like they need the unions to sign off on it, which might not be super easy... asking people to work in close quarters during a pandemic isn't the best scenario (my weed dispensary just unionized over this concern). It can get super sketchy with people coming and going every day. I guess we'll see. I love the show, but man, I don't want people feeling like they have to work in dangerous conditions just to entertain us.

Tsylyst   

TMZ says the "all-stars" will head to Los Angeles for 2-week quarantine/sequester at the end of July.

That would put a premiere date probably mid-August. If it's a regular-length season, that would have it ending a week or two before Thanksgiving, which makes sense because CBS doesn't have much new content for its fall schedule.

Production sources tell TMZ ... "Big Brother" was in the middle of casting for its next season when the coronavirus outbreak hit. We're told casting was completely shut down in May, leaving execs to change the format to an All-Star edition instead.

Our sources say an All-Star cast made the most sense, because those contestants are already familiar with the show and have already been vetted by network execs ... plus it would have been difficult to cast fresh faces for a new season in the middle of a pandemic, a process we're told would have dragged on for weeks.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/06/big-brother-season-22-happening-summer-coronavirus-all-star-cast/

angelmi   

Yay I just saw the TMZ stuff and ran over and we already have it.  Dick is tweeting a picture of his BB bag and key, I hope it is Not him.  

krb428   

Sweet! I'll take this back immediately upon seeing the cast list, I'm sure, but I don't care who they cast, just so long as they air the show.