Tsylyst

BB22 House Analysis and Discussion

tlh9   

Wow, that article was right-on in it's analysis -- every bit of it!  I hate this "new school" style, and that article summed up exactly why better than i ever could (plus that I didn't really want to put that much time into figuring it out to articulate it in the first place...)

If only the players knew how stupid they look, and that many viewers/fans think they are being.

Edited by tlh9
added a thought

gforce   

Agreed.  Rather than show the best of BB play, this season has only distilled out the worst aspects of what the show has become.  

Magpie   

That's a great article. These newer players are just herds of floaters, sucking up to whoever is HOH each week, doing their will, voting with the house... then next week, they all float over to the next HOH and do the same damn thing.

We've always expected to see a couple of floaters per season, but now, it's the only style of play there is, and it makes for a boring and frustrating season. This "going with the house" rule makes me insane. After the Veto ceremony, the HOH is a lame duck, so who gives a shit what that person thinks?  

uaintjak   

Well that's what happens when you scrape the bottom of the barrel for your All-Stars.

Magpie   

And another thing (since the broadcast show just reminded me), I don't like this new thing where the HOH just automatically does what the house wants, instead of what benefits their own game. Fuck the rest of the house, if you win HOH, WORK IT. 

Kyara   

Wow, yes. That article perfectly details why the “new style” way of playing sucks and why we like the original so much better. The only thing they don’t really expand on is the extent of pre-game alliances which I think have really ruined the season. I guess it wouldn’t be a newer BB season without disappointment!

tlh9   

While disappointing on a few levels, I'm still glad it's on.  But I know what you mean.  haha!

Magpie   

BB15 Amanda said this on Twitter: "The difference between old school and new school, is old school players gameplay weren't affected by social media, or being a social media influencer, because that shit didn't exist yet. So we weren't afraid to be a bunch of assholes to get what we wanted". 

Granted, her season was more about being racists than assholes, and social media was around then, but it's still a valid point that I hadn't really considered. What we get now is crap like Tyler worrying about Bayleigh's followers, and everyone afraid to actually play the game because they might get dragged on Twitter. 

Kyara   

My slowold is showing. Social media is a plague on us all. Everything superficial reigns. 

Which came first?  The famewhores who agreed to enter the BB house, knowing absolutely nothing about the game, but knew they'd leave with enough followers to make some cash as a social media influencer.......or social media who drove away true BB contenders because Kass only casts famewhores sought out on social media?  

Want the problem solved?  Have the hammies enter under pseudonyms with zero ties to a social media presence.  Maybe then we can get back to playing the damn game outside of a hive-mind for the first 80% of the season.  

angelmi   

Now the twitter world has posted videos of Tyler playing pool when he was looking up at the sky and the speaker announcing lock down go inside.  Then last night Kevin said it was a banner plane that said Nicole F is a liar.  Day also said she is a liar.

Evel Dick or Janelle's fans are really out to get Nicole.  She was alone on the loft talking to her self yesterday, saying it was unfair and BB should have stopped it, thought she was just talking about the wall yeller but now add the banner to it, she has not got a chance this season, but I could care less about her.  Going to hate to see Kaysar go but they say he is a millionaire at home and coming to BB again was just so he could try to make a statement about Muslim men not being as bad as few bad ones for his son and BB has shown 2 of his speeches on the shows.  Even Swaggy posted send him out then Bay because they are just target practice for the others in there.