Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

The Amazing Race - Season 32

Tsylyst   

The next season reportedly features all-new teams. No return date has been set, though it was filmed in 2018 and likely won't air until 2020.

AVorlon   
Posted (edited)

I would stilll like to see a new season of the Amazing Race, even if it was filmed two years ago. I guess that happens when a CBS show fails in a miserable way, and they need a  replacement. It's already March now, so nothing is failing yet?

The contestants must be going through hell, having to keep everything a secret all this time. Nice new condo, folks!  I guess your grandma died and left you something?

Edited by AVorlon

Tsylyst   

I seem to remember that with a lot of reality shows, contestants don't get prize money until the show airs. So that would be an even bigger wait -- you know a million bucks is coming ... sometime.

2 hours ago, AVorlon said:

I would stilll like to see a new season of the Amazing Race, even if it was filmed two years ago. I guess that happens when a CBS show fails in a miserable way, and they need a  replacement. It's already March now, so nothing is failing yet?

The contestants must be going through hell, having to keep everything a secret all this time. Nice new condo, folks!  I guess your grandma died and left you something?

I think it's worse than keeping a secret - I've read that they don't get their winnings until the season airs.  As far as the current season which halted filming......can you imagine if a contestant quit a job to go on TAR (very few employers give you a sabbatical, even unpaid) and then had their season SUSPENDED!  Do they go home to find another job while they wait.....of which they'll need to resign when filming starts back up?   Such a cluster!

Tsylyst   

Well, that didn't last long. It's now been bumped from the schedule to "later in 2020."

I'm guessing they'll try to use it to fill some of the hole left by "Big Brother" this summer.

Magpie   

Ugh. I can't say that the new shows they've shoved into its time slot look all that Amazing. 

Tsylyst   

Phil is the host of one of them debuting in July, so maybe it will be enough to tide us over?

Magpie   

Yeah, I saw that and figured it might be worth a try, though the concept does not sound terribly appealing. But it IS Phil, so maybe?

AVorlon   

I'm glad Phil is keeping busy, and they're giving him something to do while TAR has become a part-time job at best. "Tough as Nails" sounds like a conglomeration of every reality show ever created, with elements from everywhere thrown into the mix. Lots of Ninja Warrior and other things, but at least no one falls in love and goes to a Rose ceremony.   

Tsylyst   

CBS announced its fall schedule today. "The Amazing Race" is now slated to follow "Survivor" at 9 p.m. on Wednesdays starting whenever CBS is able to launch its new season.

We'll see how long it lasts on the schedule this time.