Sign in to follow this  
Magpie

Noura Salman - Vokai

Magpie   

Photo and info courtesy CBS.COM

image.png

Hometown: London / Bethesda, Maryland
Current residence: North Potomac, Maryland

Hobbies: Working out, creating healthy foods and beverages in the kitchen, traveling, and social media posting on self-help, food, and fitness.

Pet peeves: People lacking personal hygiene and table manners. I also cannot stand or be friends with people who are selfish, self-absorbed, or stingy.

Three words to describe you: Ambitious, passionate, and energetic.

What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Experiencing the world, living in many places, trying many jobs, careers, and businesses. Exploring many different people and relationships; going out on my own and making my own living and path best suited for me!

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
My mom. She is the most generous, loving, thoughtful, hardworking, and humble person I know. She has always encouraged us to "be ourselves" and do what makes us happy. She struggled financially for 20 years and emotionally in her marriage to my dad, but still gave us the world—happily and gracefully.

What's one thing we wouldn't know from seeing a photo of you?
I love frogs. I don't drink and have never done a drug or smoked a cigarette in my life.

Which Survivor contestant are you most like?
Malcolm. Physically strong and great at puzzles and problem solving and genuinely liked by most people. And easy on the eyes. But underestimated with a low threat-factor like Fabio and Jud.

What's your primary motivation for being on Survivor?
Finally use all of my talents, skills, and abilities and push myself to the highest physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual limits I've ever reached.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
I'm multidimensional and not just one thing or person. I'm the nerd, jock, and model with brains, brawn, and beauty. Most importantly, I have the social skills needed to both win and influence people, and relentless drive to go after what I want.

AVorlon   

"I don't drink and have never done a drug or smoked a cigarette in my life."

Okay, I  was going to say that you were cute,  but you have eliminated yourself with that statement.  Too much of a Girl Scout for me.  

MrsGryn   
On 9/16/2019 at 9:24 AM, AVorlon said:

"I don't drink and have never done a drug or smoked a cigarette in my life."

Okay, I  was going to say that you were cute,  but you have eliminated yourself with that statement.  Too much of a Girl Scout for me.  

I like her for that very reason. Scout's honor. 

Magpie   

So "entrepreneur" = code for "unable to hold a job". I agree, this one is going to be useless. I hope she manifests herself right out at the first Tribal Council. 

On 9/9/2019 at 4:25 PM, Magpie said:

I also cannot stand or be friends with people who are selfish, self-absorbed, or stingy.

There can only be one in the friendship.

tlh9   

I'd like a little more detail on the "entrepreneur" thing myself.

There's lots of people who haven't done any of those three things.  I'm not one of them, but I know many of them.

uaintjak   

I get hot-headed-barely-contained-bitch-just-under-the-surface vibes from her.

tlh9   

Actually I kinda do, too -- I just hadn't been sure how to phrase it.  Jak nailed it.

MrsGryn   

Good lord, she is crazy! However, I have to say in watching the show again a few times for the recap, I found her less crazy and more quirky-weird and socially awkward. 

AVorlon   

She can't be all that awkward or socially inept if she's leading a yoga class for the whole tribe.   I think her obsession with high school and not being one of the "cool kids" is telling. She seems to carry that around  as part of her personality, even though it doesn't  have to carry over into adulthood.   

My question is did any of the rest of them think the "cool kids" were running the game or was it just her? I might have missed it, but it seemed to be just her. 

MrsGryn   

Jason went along with her analogy. Whether he really saw it that way or was just agreeing with her, hard to say. He did mention it in a confessional.

tlh9   

That was pretty funny how not only did the tribe not let her be the caller, but pretty much unanimously (except for herself, of course) picked her to be the one to sit out.  bwah!

But in practice, she was pretty awful at calling.