Sign in to follow this  
Magpie

Karishma Patel - Lairo

Magpie   

Photo and info courtesy CBS.COM

image.png

Hometown: Philadelphia
Current residence: Houston

Hobbies: Experimental cooking, hosting theme parties, and reading travel blogs.

Pet peeves: Party poopers, girls who play dumb for attention, when the tire hits the curb while parallel parking, mansplaining, passive aggressive behavior, and PDA.

Three words to describe you: Reliable, impulsive, and charismatic.

What accomplishment are you most proud of?
I've taken three state bar exams—Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Texas—and passed them all on the first try.

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
My parents. They are the most devoted people I know. They have taught me that the key to happiness is to never forget to choose it for yourself. They came to America in the '70s with a dream and achieved it all with hard work and determination.

What's one thing we wouldn't know from seeing a photo of you?
I am terrified of alligators. (Just saying that word gave me chills...)

Which Survivor contestant are you most like?
Natalie Anderson because she wasn't afraid to speak her mind, but also made a lot of really subtle moves that kept her on top. Brown girl power!

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
I feel like I was born to play this game. I've always craved challenges that help me learn more about myself, and I know deep down that I do have the physical, mental, and social skills to outlast, outwit, and outplay anyone. My job and my life experiences have trained me exactly how to win. I am hungry to be out in the wild, pushing myself to the edge, and doing things I never dreamed I could do. In the end, surviving this game means something more valuable than money to me.

uaintjak   

I'm surprised her name didn't come up when they were discussing who to vote out.  She seemed pretty useless, and she's got that chubby out-of-shape vibe that usually doesn't do well on Survivor, as opposed to the fat-but-built-to-last look or the muscular-brawny type or the starving-girl-who-still-lasts look.

MrsGryn   

She seemed flexible as to who to vote off, so I suspect she will last awhile using Sandra's strategy: Anyone but me. 

She passed three bar exams but tonight she looked at those puzzle pieces like she had no idea what they were for.  I felt really sorry for her when no one was fussing over her injury, but then she went on to be so whiney about everything.  I just don't know what to think about her.

"I can see the bone."  *crickets*

Yeah, they were pretty cold.  It was almost like they thought she was just showing her hand bones to get attention,

Magpie   

I was wondering if she really saw bone or was just being dramatic. She never mentioned it again after she got bandaged up, and was using that hand to work on the puzzle, so I'm skeptical. 

tlh9   

I was wondering too, if she exaggerated a bit.  She certainly had an injury, but then like you say, it didn't seem to be bothering her that much, later on.

I thought it was pretty cold though for no one to even really like find out if she was okay, even when she said she felt like she would pass out.  Some people get that way after bleeding, even if it's just a mental reaction.  Which doesn't make them any less likely to pass out.

MrsGryn   

That was not bone,. It was coconut. And she deserved to be injured for using a knife that way. Idiot. 

As far as no one fussing over her...hard to say why exactly that happened. They knew medical was on the way, I assume, she wasn't screaming or actually passing out. If she had shown more emotion or pain or, you know, asked for help I have a hard time believing that they would ignore her completely. Karishma wants to be a victim and dammit, she is going to be a victim!

AVorlon   

Yes, the victim noises are strong with this one. She could have shown everyone her injury and gotten all sorts of support, but instead she goes off to suffer alone, apparently.

At least that was the edit we got. 

I was surprised at Tribal Council when Probst asked her why she thought she was different. I didn't expect her to say that she was older than the other girls.  

MrsGryn   

This woman, honestly. I get so annoyed when people whine about being on the outs. I guarantee Elaine has less in common with the rest of the "sorority girls" than Karishma does, but she just seems bound and determined to make herself an outcast of the tribe and leans in to that victim status she seems to love. 

tlh9   

It's like that's just a part of her, like she actually likes the "being on the outs" status, because it must get her attention from *someone*.