Sign in to follow this  
Magpie

Missy Byrd - Lumuwaku - Eliminated eleventh

Magpie   

Photo and info courtesy CBS.COM

image.png

Hometown: Decatur, Georgia
Current residence: Tacoma, Washington

Hobbies: Hiking, traveling, immersing myself into the culture I'm visiting, and winning.

Pet peeves: Annoying human beings.

Three words to describe you: Relentless, clever, and decently dope.

What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Always finding a way to travel the world regardless of budget. We all deserve to see what's out there.

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
Oprah, Beyoncé and the Obamas. They all broke the mold for what being black in America looks like.

What's one thing we wouldn't know from seeing a photo of you?
I rather enjoy a hot cup of tea and a good book.

Which Survivor contestant are you most like?
Kim, my girl is a legend. She hit the sand and aligned quickly. She played both sides effortlessly. I would play like this. Kill 'em with a smile.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
Beyoncé wrote a song about surviving so I have to honor Queen B.

MrsGryn   

Her hobby is "winning." Most people would prefer that to be their vocation, but whatever floats her boat.

Magpie   
On 9/9/2019 at 3:15 PM, Magpie said:

Three words to describe you: Relentless, clever, and decently dope.

She may like winning, but her math sucks. 

tlh9   

I kinda liked her so far, what little we saw of her, despite her questionable math skills.

tlh9   

How did I forget that?  That was a jaw-dropper.  She is *very* lucky to have gotten a second chance like she did.

uaintjak   

I like her, so far.  Kind of Mikaylah-vibes, because, you know, kick-ass young black woman type.

MrsGryn   

Yeah, pulling Aaron aside to try and talk him back into the fold was smart, and then rolling his eyes when he was being a dumb fuck was even better. Overall plus. 

uaintjak   

I'm sorry to see her go, like I was sorry to see Kellee go.  Both were strong young women in a group dominated by strong women, so I guess it's no surprise they were targeted.  I am kind of upset though, that after Missy's heartfelt speech, that Jeff failed to acknowledge that this was the first time two African-Americans were voted out at the same time.  It's like, have you learned nothing, Jeff Probst?  You literally just had a conversation about important milestones.

tlh9   

Two African-Americans voted out?

also, I kinda see Jeff's point he made in rebuttal -- that pointing out that double win would be kinda like saying "Wow, this shouldn't have happened!"

uaintjak   

Yeah, Jeff had a point, but so did she.  When you constantly feel like you're on the bottom, when you finally feel like you came out on top it's nice to have that acknowledged.  To Jeff it wasn't a big deal, to Missy it was, because they come from two very different experiences.

Also, yes, two voted out.  A-Aron and Missy.

Edited by uaintjak

tlh9   

I can definitely see reasonable points on both sides.

Also, I guess I did not realize A-Aron was African-American..... I thought he was ..... well, I'm not sure.  Mediterranean or something?  

AVorlon   

I didn't  realize that either. I thought she was talking about Jamal, and I was confused.

It also never occurred to me that this was a "milestone", but I give Jeff credit for addressing it. Missy had her point to make, and seemed satisfied that it was listened to.