Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Jackson Michie - That boy ain't right

Surely I missed something in this season I really tried to ignore.....the references to Jackson's mom - can anyone summarize for this SLOWOLD HT'er, please?

MrsGryn   
On 8/8/2019 at 11:36 PM, angelmi said:

Don't know if the is really his mom but she tweeted, Hello, as expected there has been a lot of discussions regarding Jackson's criminal record.  I can confirm the things you have been reading and finding online are not real.  CBS would not cast a felon.  Growing up Jackson has always been an amazing person to everyone around him.  He excelled in showing love to all people. Every single person in every age, race, and religious group.  Kindness had no limits to it when it came to Jackson.  He never showed anything to make me believe that the way he is being portrayed is truly him.  I know my son.  I know he has always been a good person. I know he suffers from mental health issues, but never did it bring out a bad side.for him.  He has always been a good person.   The rumors going around about his fraternity are false.  Jackson did not torture or harm any pledges!  The hazing that went on in his fraternity was harmless.  Every pledge went through the hazing process.  Every person includes Jackson.  He would never harm anyone in the way he is being accused of.  These accusations have gone way too far and have been being spread for far too long!  Enough is enough.  He would be sick to his stomach to hear the outrageous stories being written about him.  What are you monsters gaining from this?  It is quite disappointing that many of you have failed to realize Jackson is a human, Every human come with their flaws.  Jackson is not perfect inside the house or outside of it. but he is good.  I hope you will all remember that next time you decide to make false accusations which can be taken to court.

Thank you  Colleen Maloney Michie. 

There is another tweet bashing Julie for not standing up for her son and hopes her son is never treated this way.  She attacks BB and Evel  and he posted back to her.   Then there is another with a picture of his real life girlfriend and says BB is making this up about him with Holly and Kat.  

For copssister

mewmom30   

Wow!  I missed all this the first time around.  Thanks for reposting Mrs. G.  Pretty disturbing.

hefgypsy   
15 hours ago, MrsGryn said:

For copssister

That's what family's say after their family member commits a horrible act.

uaintjak   

You know, the guy is kind of a douche but I doubt he's done 1/10th of what he's accused of.  Social media is a cesspool and about as credible as a child's game of telephone.

tlh9   

I agree with jak, and will also say that I think the whole thing with the camp director and those picks being racist, are total bunk.  I believe the reasons are as he stated -- they are true, and it makes total sense to use those for your picks, when the game is so brand-new and you have no other real basis.  Appearing racist was an unfortunate coincidence.

While true racism does exist in some people and in some situations, I don't believe this was one of them.  I also believe that the term has been so over-used and over-accused in the past couple/few years, in both the regular media and in social media, geezus -- those people get like rabid squirrels sharing a single nut -- that the *real* racism slips through the cracks a lot, over all the red herrings, some of which may seem more "salacious" or whatever, which is a shame.

zclue   

He did make comments in the house though that, while not overtly racist, revealed a definite bias. One instance was when he and Jack were talking about David and opined that he'd probably been in prison because of his demeanor. But then he said something along the lines of 'maybe not, his teeth are too nice for that.' There were some other instances but that's the one that sticks with me the most. It's fair enough to accept his reasoning for his four choices at the beginning of the game. Harder to explain away other comments.

Magpie   

I tend to believe it when people who are members of minority groups say that someone was spoken or acted toward them in a biased or racist fashion. I'm not going to assume that I know what is and is not offensive when I'm not a member of the group in question. 

tlh9   

I fail to see how those comments you cite about David have to do with his race -- it was never mentioned.  They were bitchy comments to be sure, but I don't see racism.  My Dad & an Uncle worked in the prisons (a Vocational Instructor and a Correctional Officer) and they can and could (my Uncle is passed now) pick out someone who had likely been incarcerated by their demeanor and various traits.  Do Jack & Jackson have those credentials?  No, they're just being catty bitches.

As a member of one protected group and a member of a "not-protected-but-frequently-discriminated-against" group, I'll call "making a bigger deal than necessary out of something" bullshit when I (believe) I see it.

That year Aryn was on (however the fuck she spelled her name, the blond bitch apparently named for the Aryan Nation), she and Gina Marie *definitely* made racist remarks and exhibited racist behavior.

It seems I do remember some other remarks this year that were indeed slanted towards racism, but can't recall what they were right now..... and there was definitely a bullying attitude at times by some.

uaintjak   

Using Oprah's mag is absolutely a credibility killer.

Magpie   

If you say so. I'm sure there are plenty of other sources with similar info, for those who do not like Oprah.

At any rate, there is definitely discussion about Jackson all over the place, easily found if one is so inclined and wants to hear other perspectives on his behavior.