Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Cliff Hogg III - Good with ball handling

MrsGryn   

Cliff Hogg III

Hometown: Houston

Current City: Houston

Three adjectives that describe you:  Funny, stubborn, and caring.

Favorite Activities: Watersports (fishing, jet skiing, swimming, scuba), gardening (I grow satsumas, musca dine grapes, avocados, and will also be growing Loofahs this year), and politics (I love to discuss and debate political topics and concepts in the right environment).

What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house? The lack of communication with the outside world. Sitting in that house and not knowing what is going on with family, the country, my sports teams, etc. will be frustrating. The lack of privacy will be tough at first, but I think I’ll get used to that rather quickly.

Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most? I like the logical, strategic play from people such as Derrick, Vanessa, or Dan. But Vanessa whined too much when she thought the chips were against her. My favorite of all time has to be Derrick.

Do you have a strategy for winning the game? Present myself as the loyal soldier to one or more strong players while creating enough chaos or paranoia to have people pointing fingers and targeting each other. People WILL assume that I am a loyal kind of guy because that is how I live my life in the real world. I will use that to my advantage and betray as necessary in the end game to get me to the finale!

My life’s motto is… Two mottos: “Never let others tell you what you can or can’t do” and “Never be afraid to stand up for what you believe in!”

What would you take into the house and why?My cowboy hat and boots – They represent so much about where I am from and who I am. Plenty of Aggie clothing – People from Texas are proud…. but Aggies take it up another notch and I love to brag! My wedding ring and Aggie ring – The two items that symbolize some of my most proud involvements.

gforce   

I love to discuss and debate political topics and concepts in the right environment

Oh, great. 

Any yeah, the whole "Boss Hogg" thing.  But I wonder if any of the young'uns in the house will even draw that connection.

tlh9   

"Boss Hogg" came to mind *immediately*.  That and his, um, "figure".

I was just going to say what gforce said.

And, I highly, *highly* doubt it, unless they are, for some reason, into "vintage" TV.  Do they even still air that show anywhere??

On 6/18/2019 at 8:17 PM, tlh9 said:

And, I highly, *highly* doubt it, unless they are, for some reason, into "vintage" TV.  Do they even still air that show anywhere??

Probably on a digital side channel where it gets tens of viewers a day.

AVorlon   

It was pointed out to me that Millennials have no idea what the phrase "Get out of Dodge" means, so I'm pretty sure they won't know anything about a TV show that went off the air over 30 years ago .

In the meantime, Mr. Hogg is old enough that he's probably had to deal with Boss Hogg his entire life.

It doesn't help that he's a portly man in the oil industry wearing a cowboy hat . I'm guessing FUG had an orgasm on her own casting couch when she found this guy.      

Edited by AVorlon

On 6/17/2019 at 6:53 PM, MrsGryn said:

I love to discuss and debate political topics and concepts in the right environment.

The first rule of discussing political topics: There is never a right environment, particularly in the midst of a vicious social game.

So, go ahead, be the first voted out.

So long as he washes his hands after he pees, we're good. Although, there's that Derrick thing again.

Pushplay   

I hate when the older players STATE to the others that they are old and easily nominated. Don't highlight it! He should have kept a low profile. His hat doesn't help, either. 

tlh9   

True.  I felt like he won't have as easy a time fitting in as Kevin did.  Kevin won those young'uns over in a way, and lasted pretty long for an old dude.

MrsGryn   

Oh, I don't know. An argument can be made for some reverse psychology. Don't throw me into that briar patch of a nomination ceremony, kids!

Qwerky   

This is so disappointing:   Cliff is spilling his guts to the live feeders, or so he thinks, while there are various sentries stationed in shifts outside the door and everything he says is broadcast to the opposition.   I wouldn’t mind so much if he was just blowing up his owm game but he is blowing up the game of each and everyone of his allies as well.   It’s not even going to be a fair fight after this!