Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Survivor 39: Island of the Idols

I have to add my 2 cents on this. I truly have to defend Missy and what's-her-name. I have been in a similar situation at a workplace. See, I am a no-nonsense kinda girl and I sometimes forget that not everyone is like me. I had told workplace-grabby off very easily and it never occurred to me that someone else couldn't do the same. When asked by HR ( I was never told it was reported by several other people) I wrote it off as not big deal because a) he never tried it with me ever again b) he was a non-threatening wimp to me.

I genuinely felt horrible when I got told the whole story after he was let go. Somebody took a video. Another lady had  quit because of him.

So, we really have to be as forgiving to women like Missy who did not see the seriousness at the time as we are understanding for Kellee for reporting it.

Magpie   

Except that Missy and Elizabeth lied and told Kellee and Janet that Dan has been inappropriate with them as well and that they were upset about it. They treated Kellee's distress, which they were aware of, and Dan's harassing behavior as something they could latch onto and use to further their own games. That might be allowed, but nothing about it makes me want to forgive them for anything. If they didn't see the seriousness, it's because they chose not to. They knew, because Kellee told them.

Yes, @Magpie, yes!  It wasn't timid women who weren't strong enough to report it - they were using it to further their own game.  And, @gforce, of course Dan holds the ultimate blame for his actions.  My comment was made under that assumption, but stating the delay in booting him may have been due to those women using it as part of their game.  He was lecherous from Day 1 and I'm glad he left in the manner he did.  

I do find it interesting that they're pre-taping the reunion special this season (4-hour delay, from what I've read).  It doesn't take a tin foil hat to presume that approach has to do with the ability to edit out any derogatory comments toward CBS which may potentially pop up. 

AVorlon   

I can't believe it's finale time already!  I suppose this means that Boston Rob and Sandra are done for the season, although I'm sure they will  be on the finale show. The person who won't be there will be Handsy Dan, who managed to grope his way out of a lifetime opportunity. I'm thinking this is only the tip of the iceberg with this guy. If this is what he does after being warned, then what does he do in private when no one is paying attention?

‘Survivor' reunion will reportedly not air live for first time ever and not include Dan Spilo

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/survivor-reunion-will-reportedly-not-air-live-for-first-time-ever-and-not-include-dan-spilo-26907.php

'Survivor' contestant rips CBS for pre-taped reunion after 'inappropriate touching' scandal: '100% bulls--t'

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/survivor-dan-spilo-inappropriate-touching-incident-jeff-varner-slams-cbs-pretaped-reunion

Magpie   

Like anyone is going to believe Varner. *eyeroll*

ETA: That article is hilarious, though. Varner wasn't on this season. Good research there, Fox! 

2 hours ago, AVorlon said:

I can't believe it's finale time already!  I suppose this means that Boston Rob and Sandra are done for the season, although I'm sure they will  be on the finale show. The person who won't be there will be Handsy Dan, who managed to grope his way out of a lifetime opportunity. I'm thinking this is only the tip of the iceberg with this guy. If this is what he does after being warned, then what does he do in private when no one is paying attention?

If he is this touchy with all the cameras watching, do we even want to know what happens when there's not? Although, I'lll at least give him this, we haven't read allegations or complaints from anyone not associated with the show yet. 

5 minutes ago, uaintjak said:

Didn't Varner have his own issues?  I can't quite remember.

Um, yeah, he outed Zeke as being trans. He's the LAST person who should be commenting on anything regarding anyone, ever. 

Tsylyst   

Producers are introducing new rules/orientation for Season 41+ that includes ruling out unwanted physical contact, harassment, etc. as being looked at as part of gameplay -- meaning if you do it, you're out. No more of this waffling junk about "the real world intersecting with the game" and waiting to see it play out before acting on complaints.

https://tvline.com/2019/12/17/survivor-new-sexual-harassment-policies-prevention/

Help.  CBS is now airing a live, Special Report.  Less than ten minutes to go and some blowhard doesn't seem like he's close to winding down.  These mofos are going to make sure I don't get to see the finale.

tlh9   

OGG!  that is one of the most frustrating things on the planet.

I hope the wind-bag winds it up quick!