Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Survivor 39: Island of the Idols

Karishma was a waste of a vote after that tribal. You had a total shitshow going down, people were making targets out of themselves and proving to be much more dangerous players. Karishma wasn't going to win anything and wasn't going to mastermind anything. 

And can we talk about just how mean Dan was in talking about Karishma at the reward? Where did that come from? And super classy in front of his son. 

uaintjak   

Well, “classy” is not a word I’d use to describe Dan, so I’m hardly surprised.  I agree, Karishma was an absolute waste of a vote, but she was useless as an ally as well, so may as well dump her since no one will align with Noura, Dean just proved his loyalty, and Elaine had an idol.

MrsGryn   

Dan and Classy aren't even in the same area code. He is the kind of guy who is a total crybaby when he is on the losing end of the stick, and a total asshole while he is winning. 

His kid seemed like a nice boy, at least. Must take after mom. 

I suspect that Tommy wanted to get rid of Noura but was talked out of it by Grabby Dan, and it is going to turn out to be a mistake. 

But he has a wife and daughters!  He's one of the best people he knows!

Now at least I can stop saying, "Fuck you, Dan," every time he speaks.

angelmi   

Must have touched a production person after Tribal. Glad the asshole is gone and not coming back. CBS gets another creep just like Julie's old man.  She is tweeting about being at NBC tonight with SNL.  

Magpie   

Too bad it wasn't enough for CBS when he was manhandling Kellee. It took him (apparently) molesting someone in Production for them to say "enough!". 

Kyara   

Didn’t see that coming. I thought they were just going to let him win it all and I’d have to roll my eyes out of my head.

I've read a few sources stating he "grabbed the leg" of a female production member while exiting the boat.  I blame the women who used the harassment as game play for CBS' delay in addressing the offender until it happened to a woman outside the game.  I don't like it at all, but I can see where their Legal folks may have recommended taking no action until claims came from outside the cast.  

Either way, he's gone and rightly so.  I do feel for his boy, though, as he's at an awkward age where kids read the internet and can be horrible when it comes to assigning unjust responsibility to their mates for the actions of the mate's parents' behavior.  

BRING BACK ELAINE!

Yep, via TooFab, TMZ's sister site, he touched a staffer's leg.  Kellee rightfully has feelings about this. And CBS must be worried, they are pre-taping the reunion show.

Game play or not, CBS had TONS of evidence of him touching women and he should have been gone the first time. 

Now I'm reading it happened after the immunity challenge and another player saw it too. I get they needed to get all their ducks in a row, but if that's true and they still let tribal happen, that's really shitty. I'm also seeing a conspiracy theory that CBS knew it was just a matter of time before Dan got the boot and that's why Jack made jury before the merge. I don't pay enough attention or know Survivor history, but is a jury member before the merge that unusual? 

Magpie   

Survivor Wiki says "Thailand, Cook Islands, Fiji, Gabon, Heroes vs. Villains, and Island of the Idols are the only seasons to have the jury phase start before the merge.". 

Tsylyst   

Last season every player ended up on the jury except the two that quit on Extinction Island and the Final Three. That doesn't exactly count because it wasn't revealed until the merge, but I had that useless fact in my brain, so...there you go.

6 hours ago, copssister said:

I blame the women who used the harassment as game play for CBS' delay in addressing the offender until it happened to a woman outside the game.  I don't like it at all, but I can see where their Legal folks may have recommended taking no action until claims came from outside the cast. 

I generally have very little tolerance for companies/people who drag their feet on issues like this.  "Oh, no!  What will the wimmens' lack of collective sense of humor do to that poor man?"  But in this case, we saw Kellee tell the producer she didn't want them to address it.  While I don't necessarily think she should have even been asked, she brought up a very true point, and one I've experienced more than once.  The woman who reports the conduct, no matter the seriousness, can be and often is blamed for the repercussions.  That's something that could have really damaged Kellee's game (if it hadn't already been all but over).  I can see production not wanting to disadvantage Kellee if she said she wanted to handle it herself.  As reprehensible as Missy and what's-her-name's actions were, I doubt it made any difference.

gforce   

Agreed Mockingbird, the blame lies squarely on Dan, for doing it, and CBS for not responding in a proactive fashion.  It shouldn’t be on Kellee to have to make the decision and have the responsibility to have him removed.