Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Survivor 39: Island of the Idols

Magpie   

Interesting stuff going on with the players on Twitter today. Dan has locked down his account, and Aaron has posted a video apology for what he said at TC. Meanwhile, Missy, Elizabeth, Lauren, Tommy, Noura, Dean, Karishma, and Elaine have said nothing about last night's episode. 

Kellee did have some things to say, particularly regarding some of the wording in this article:  https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-jeff-probst-speaks-dan-spilo-controversy-1254554?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral.

Janet simply tweeted to thank everyone for the support, and that she doesn't want any of the cast negatively affected by anything said from the game.

Kyara   

Missy just posted an apology on Twitter, but damn, I’m having a very difficult time with her actions (and Liz’s). I’m so disappointed in them. What I do recognize is that what happened on Survivor is what happens in regular life. Women need to get their shit together and start supporting each other. Why don’t we regularly do that? Seriously, why is it so hard for women to support each other instead of tearing each other down? Offices, motherhood, cliques in high school.. it’s all the same shit. We’ve got to do better or we’ll remain our own worst enemy.

Also, Janet is my hero. She’s got integrity and I admire that.

Edited by Kyara
Can’t forget to mention J!

MrsGryn   

Recap is coming tomorrow because I had to work and this is a complicated show. Plus...two hours of it. Gah!

Magpie   

Elizabeth has now posted an apology as well. I'm not particularly impressed that both she and Missy waited until after a wave of backlash before deciding to say something. 

uaintjak   

Well, to be fair, she would get some perspective after watching the show that wouldn't have been possible before.  She's still a little bitch for doing Janet dirty like that, though.

Magpie   
10 hours ago, uaintjak said:

Well, to be fair, she would get some perspective after watching the show that wouldn't have been possible before.  She's still a little bitch for doing Janet dirty like that, though.

Agreed, but they both waited until almost 24 hours had passed after the episode aired before commenting. Sure, I suppose they might have been busy, but I think it more likely they were shamed by the bad reactions of the public into finally saying something. 

ETA: Excellent article, @Kyara! Thanks for that link.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/11/13/survivor-jeff-probst-island-of-the-idols-epsiode-kellee-dan/

I'm the above article, Jeff Probst brings up the fact that Kellee was voted out with two idols.  While I am Team Kellee all the way and admire her courage, not playing one of her idols was incredibly stupid.  I realize this is just my opinion; nobody knows how they would act in this situation.   I'm just sad knowing that she could have saved herself.

And now for something completely different:

14 hours ago, MrsGryn said:

Recap is coming tomorrow because I had to work and this is a complicated show. Plus...two hours of it. Gah!

Your recaps are always worth the wait.

tlh9   

I know -- Kellee was one of my favorites, not just this year, but in a while -- and I was going batshit when she didn't play ONE OF TWO -- TWO!!! -- idols.  

I mean, TWO!!!!!  how could you not play one, when you know your name had been thrown around???

and yes, MrsGryn is always worth waiting for.  

It was stupid to not use an idol, but when a group of women insist that they have your back after reporting unwanted touching, you SHOULD be able to believe them!  

AVorlon   

Everything was in place to get rid of Tommy until that slime-ball Dean decided to break off and whisper that he wasn't voting him off.  I agreed with Noura that you can't trust that guy and his smug pretty face, but then Noura claimed that she was about to do the same thing, and he just beat her to it. I kinda doubt that. It seemed more like desperate damage control to me. She nearly got herself voted out, but Karishma was still the bigger target, until next Tribal, that is.  

Dean can go home right after her.   

Edited by AVorlon