Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Survivor 39: Island of the Idols

tlh9   

Okay, so this might be kind of a weird observation -- and I'm certainly not one to call anyone else out on this..... but did anyone else notice there seemed to be a lot of, um, pudgy people this season??

Usually there's none, *maybe* one..... I don't remember who all they were right now, but it seemed like several were pudgy this time -- men & women.  I thought, "Is this Survivor Fat Camp?"  

Edited by tlh9

Magpie   
30 minutes ago, tlh9 said:

Okay, so this might be kind of a weird observation -- and I'm certainly not one to call anyone else out on this..... but did anyone else notice there seemed to be a lot of, um, pudgy people this season??

Usually there's none, *maybe* one..... I don't remember who all they were right now, but it seemed like several were pudgy this time -- men & women.  I thought, "Is this Survivor Fat Camp?"  

@MrsGryn certainly noticed. *winks and points toward Broadcast Recap thread*

tlh9   

hahaha!  Yes, I posted that, and then went to read MrsGryn's absolutely *hilaraious* recap!

And was like, "Oh!  So I'm *not* the only one!  And I wasn't just imagining things."

I loved that she opened with that very observation!

uaintjak   

No hotties this season, so I are disappoint.  I guess that means I'll have to judge them on their merits.  Hah, yeah right.

yesteach   

I kept thinking these all look like real people, not models or "want to be celebrities via reality TV."  

uaintjak   

Real people can be hotties, just none of them qualify for me.

AVorlon   

I think Chelsea may be the last chance of eye candy for me. Then you have people like Janet, who is a sex repellant. Probably some of the guys are, too.    

MrsGryn   

I...I mean...what? Seriously? Sex repellent? I'm all for making light of people on this show (obviously), but that statement is a bit harsh. She is a fifty-something year old woman who has worked an outdoor, physical job for years. 

Eye candy is great, but it is not the be all and end all of Survivor casting. Thanks be to Probst. 

Magpie   

I agree, @MrsGryn, and anyway, there's a whole lot more to sex appeal then physical appearance (for instance, no matter how handsome a dude is, if he's a pig at heart, he is NOT sexy).

Besides, the point of the game is to outwit, outplay, outlast... not out-titillate. 

AVorlon   

So, does anyone still have an idol or an advantage now? Two of them were used at the last Tribal, but now I can't remember if Olympic Swimmer Girl has one.  

Magpie   

I can't think of any at the moment. Elizabeth lost the fire challenge with Rob at Island of the Idols, so did not get an idol there. 

MrsGryn   

I don't think anyone has one. Vince and Chelsea were voted out with theirs in their pockets. Jamal found one and used it. Kellee won one and gave it to Dean. Noura didn't get an advantage, Janet declined it. No one else has been shown looking for an idol, much less finding one.

tlh9   

So that was all kinda weird.  Still not totally sure what to make of that..... but I've never seen a Survivor with disclaimers, nor with a Producer Intervention, before.