Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Survivor 39: Island of the Idols

Tsylyst   

The next season of "Survivor" premieres in September.

Sandra and Boston Rob return to live on their own island and mentor a cast of new Survivors in "Island of the Idols."

(If it's anything like the BB season of veteran mentors, they will eventually get the chance to play for themselves -- probably at the merge.)

tlh9   

My Aunt really likes the new twist.  I pretended I did, when I was over there with her, but inside, I, like MrsG, was going "meh..."

And I do *not* like Sandra.  Rob got annoying enough, after all those times, but at least he does have an amusing side at times (or at least he used to).  Sandra doesn't even have anything amusing about her (at least not to me).  

And for me, along with everything else, I like to be amused, at least at times.

But you bet your ass I'll be watching it.

AVorlon   

Okay, two personal injury lawyers and one law student.  This sounds kind of risky, given how often injuries occur on this show.

Now that the circus is officially dead, I was hoping for some retired clowns and acrobats, although I'm pretty sure some of them will turn out to be clowns anyway.   

17 hours ago, MrsGryn said:

I'm ready for Survivor:

image.png

COME AT ME, PROBST!!

This is what I live for.  Bring it on Gryn!

tlh9   

Yeah, he was!

Those big-assed Sandra & Rob heads are creepy as hell.  Although it made me laugh that they put shirts on them.

I liked tonight!  Although that wasn't quite what I was expecting for Rob & Sandra, but I like it.

The girl who went there, and then lied about what happened -- does she not think that won't be found out quickly?

yesteach   

We were thinking the same thing. If you feel the need to lie, keep as close to the truth as possible... "There were some people there who showed me how to make fire, then gave me a chance to win an idol by building fire in a challenge..." And leave it at that. 

Couldn't Elizabeth simply say Rob and Sandra weren't part of it when she was sent there?  Or that she never saw those enormous Lost-style idol heads and what she found must be on the other side of the island?  Her lie was horrible, though.  Why not just say you have a fear of being alone and sat down where the boat dropped you off waiting to be picked back up?  

Magpie   

She should have said she learned to make fire (because that makes her more valuable to the tribe) but just not said who taught her if she didn't want the others to know that bit. If you're gonna lie, lie by omission. Don't make shit up.

MrsGryn   

Yeah, that lie is going to come back and bite her in the ass at some point. She got away with losing her vote, though. She needs to come clean with her trusted alliance people soon. 

By the end of the episode I decided I liked the twist. 

Recap coming later today!

Magpie   
2 hours ago, MrsGryn said:

Recap coming later today!

Yaaaas, shuffle those paint chips, MrsG