Tsylyst   

chrishammons-bretlabelle.jpg

Photo and bios from CBS.com

Previous season: Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X

Bret LaBelle
Instagram and Twitter: @bretlabelle
Hometown: Dedham, Massachusetts
Current occupation: Police Sergeant

Describe what you do: I supervise police officers.

Three words to describe you: Funny, proud, and easy going.

Favorite hobbies: Improvisation, golfing, and cooking.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
Making it as far as I did on Survivor, especially to the family visit. Sharing the experience with my father was a great moment.

What scares you most about traveling?
Terrorism.

What excites you most about traveling?
Seeing other places and experiencing other cultures.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why?
New Zealand for its warm weather and beaches.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race with your partner (other than winning one million bucks)?
A better knowledge of red heads.

Who do you think will be your biggest competition: Racers, Houseguests, or Castaways?
Our biggest competition will be the Racers because they have done it all before and we are new to the Race.

Do you think Survivor prepared you for The Amazing Race? Do you think you learned anything on Survivor that will help you on the Race?
Survivor taught me how to work with people and make alliances which will hopefully help us in the race to strategize with other teams, so as not to get U-turned!

Chris Hammons
Instagram: @chammons81
Twitter: @hamm0481
Hometown: Moore, Oklahoma
Current occupation: Attorney

Describe what you do: I fight for the rights of the injured and wrongfully accused in America. I am a trial lawyer.

Three words to describe you: Competitive, tough, and loyal.

Favorite hobbies: Working out, drawing, and golfing.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
Coming from nothing and making it in this world!

What scares you most about traveling?
Africa. It just seems extreme.

What excites you most about traveling?
I love seeing new and exotic places. Experiencing the culture so that I appreciate ours even more.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why?
Switzerland!

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race with your partner (other than winning one million bucks)?
I am always looking for the next great challenge. I hope to have the adventure and competition while facing other teams.

Who do you think will be your biggest competition: Racers, Houseguests, or Castaways?
I believe the Race teams are the scariest competition!

Do you think Survivor prepared you for The Amazing Race? Do you think you learned anything on Survivor that will help you on the Race?
Survivor definitely helps prepare you for the The Amazing Race! You learn to be extremely adaptable on Survivor and I feel those skills are very necessary to overcome the challenges on The Amazing Race.

MrsGryn   

I remember these guys from Survivor. They were pretty likable overall. But I think they are a bit...um....slothlike. Don't expect to see Colin levels of speed.

AVorlon   

Two big guys who were likeable and had a good bromance going on, but they tried two different challenges in this episode and sucked at both of them.  

The thing with finding the coins underwater seemed doable, but no one actually completed that

Edited by AVorlon

tlh9   

They were likable guys.  It seems like they either really sucked, or were really good, at stuff.

Only two teams even tried the coin thing, right?  It really didn't seem like it should have been *that* hard.  I mean, obviously, the stuff they were supposed to find was planted, it's not like they were *really* treasure hunting.

gforce   

There were three teams on the coins if you count the brief time Colin and Christie were there.   Both these guys and Tyler and Korey were attempting it at first.  

I think they just grew frustrated with the area that they had to cover and they didn’t seem to really have an organized way of searching it.  The areas they kept showing from the aerial view seemed quite large, and they didn’t seem to be searching very far from the buoy thing, which didn’t help.

tlh9   

Ah, yeah, I'd forgotten about Colin & Christie.  

You would think a cop would have some idea of how to do an organized & methodical search pattern, at least more organized than what was depicted to us.  From the terrain they showed us underwater, it almost seems like that goblet would have been spottable just with your eyeballs... but then I wasn't there.

I was wondering while watching, just how big of a radius out from the bouys, were the official search areas?  Those whole darker-colored areas?  Those were pretty damned big.

And then I think it was Colin who went and stirred up all the silt into the water in their area... which seemed like a dumb thing to do.

gforce   

Yes, I think those circular areas highlighted around the buoys in the aerial shots were supposed to be the search areas, and they did seem quite a bit larger than the areas they were searching.   They always seemed to pop up very close to the central buoy.  I wonder if the clue even mentioned how big the area was supposed to be.  If it didn’t, then it was a poorly planned task and a shame that they got caught by it. 

MrsGryn   

I liked these guys - liked them on Survivor, too. They had a mostly good attitude about the race in general and laughed at themselves, which I always appreciate. If they had just stuck with the poetry task when they switched to it, they would likely not have lost. But they seemed fine with the ouster.