rappy

HT Rules and Tips for Recapping

My recapper tip of the year:

Treat yourself to a Wireless set up!

Only $30

Maybe I've been riding on the short bus this whole time,

but I've recently realized that a WIRELESS keyboard and wireless mousey are making ALL the difference in my snarkiness. I hated mice, so I always used a TrackerBall ('cause I'm soooo cool, YKWIM?).........but this new set up is outrageously awesome!

Plus this mouse has a cool little finger dial on top to scroll the pages.

FMC is, oh, so happy!

And when FMC is happy.....we're ALL happy.

Although, I was a wee bit surprised there wasn't a warning label on the box it came in:

"WARNING: This cool keyboard will NOT improve your spelling or idiotic typo's. It will merely make it -easier- and -faster- for you to make those same idiotic typo's and errors."

Bastards.

BTW, the set was only -$30- at Radio Shack (if i can say that, that is...)

The namebrand starts with an "L" (....is that ok to hint at??)

*runs for cover*

EDITED: for idiotic typo's

Edited by FeedMeCoffee

I enjoy reading recaps with line breaks and spaces in them. It's hard to read a long paragraph with no breaks in it on a computer screen.

I enjoy reading recaps with line breaks and spaces in them. It's hard to read a long paragraph with no breaks in it on a computer screen.

This rant is ABSOLUTELY in no way directed at Haunted Rain, but her quote offers up a nice opportunity for me to vent about a bit of frustration I've experienced over this past week. Mine may not be a popular opinion, but it's my opinion, so please allow me bend your ear for a moment.

I really enjoy reading recaps with line breaks as well. For those recappers who incorporate humor and amusing quips into the coverage of house antics, I'm lovin' you like a two-dollar whore. The shining glory of HT is that we have some of the wittiest recappers on the 'net. Those who take the time to form cohesive thoughts, paint the reader a picture, and tell a short story within their posts - well, there's just no substitute, and I thank you.

That being said, I wish my concern was lengthy posts. As far as I know, there is no giveaway of HT gear for the greatest number of posts in an hour/day/week. Before posting, take a moment. Breathe deep. Does it help those BB fans without feeds to be updated every 2 minutes with another recap that there is still FIRE/FLAMES/FOTMFH? Do we really need to know "Janey laughed." [end of post] or "Jase is hot" [end of post] or "This is so much fun." [end of post]?? Recapping is truly exciting - quite often a frickin riot - but practicing a little restraint before hitting the ADD REPLY button can be a good thing.

Thank you for your time..."Carry On" (tm Tim Gunn).

Disclaimer: Cops is in no way a moderator, owner, or administrator of Hamster Time. My opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinions of those people. Please, take my suggestion to heart, or take it with a grain of salt.

I agree with you HauntedJennaLynnRain2020......line breaks are AWESOME!

It can get hard to read if 2O lines are mushed all together.

Jenna might be ok with it if ZOMBIES were mentioned in the recaps, but those are few and far between...and usually, zombies are her domain anyway.

Kyara   

I have to admit, I totally agree with Cops. It seems that a lot of our posts this year are fairly short and to the point and I miss reading all the witty banter we normally get. I also think this is reflected in the abnormally long thread length for the first week thread. Almost 200 pages.. DAYUM!

I'd definitely trade the number of pages for longer, more comprehensive posts.

*same disclaimer as Cops posted above, but with the addition that I mean no disrespect to anyone who recaps AT ALL*

uaintjak   

I admit to being sometimes guilty of the short post. I try to keep it long, or at least to interject some entertainment, but sometimes I start feeling like "Nothing's going on, I need to switch feeds" and when I switch, I usually post.

If things are intense and I actually have to recap something (god forbid) then I usually end up skimping on the humor and just reporting what goes on. Sometimes I can sneak something in.

I vow to try harder on both counts. :D

I hate to ask this, but could someone please please please compile a list of all of the most common "nicknames" the regular recappers are using for the Hammies? I'm trying desperately to bounce back and forth between the BB-US recaps and the BB-UK recaps... and it seems like every time I come back here to see what's been happening, a new nickname has popped up and I can't figure out who the recapper is referring to. I would really appreciate a reference list or something, so I can follow easier.

Once the UK show is over, it won't be so hard, but right now my brain hurts!!!!!

Thanks, everyone!

uaintjak   

Kaysar: K, Kay

Janelle: Janey

Howie: Howtard

James: RWJames (Right Wing James), Big Brain James

Marcellas: Marvellas, Marcy

Danielle: Danyell, Dani

Diane: Cryane

Mike Boogie: Booger, Boogtard, Progeria Boy

Will: Dr. STFU, Dr. Evil, Casper

Erika: Eribka

Nakomis: Nik, Nak, Paddywhack

Jase: Jass

George: CK, Chicken George, Kitchen George, Geo

Alliance of Howie, Kaysar, Janelle, James: Jedi, S6, Seasick

Alliance of Mike and Will: Chill Town, Tool Town, CT

Those are the most common I've seen, I'm sure there are others

BBRoxie   

CG in my mind became Cowboy George sometime during the first episode. I totally forgot it was supposed to mean CHICKEN George.

Ah well fowl, foul, no matter how ya look at it, that's CG!

ca_girl   

Kaysar: K, Kay

Janelle: Janey

Howie: Howtard

James: RWJames (Right Wing James), Big Brain James

Marcellas: Marvellas, Marcy

Danielle: Danyell, Dani

Diane: Cryane

Mike Boogie: Booger, Boogtard, Progeria Boy

Will: Dr. STFU, Dr. Evil, Casper

Erika: Eribka

Nakomis: Nik, Nak, Paddywhack

Jase: Jass

George: CK, Chicken George, Kitchen George, Geo

Alliance of Howie, Kaysar, Janelle, James: Jedi, S6, Seasick

Alliance of Mike and Will: Chill Town, Tool Town, CT

Those are the most common I've seen, I'm sure there are others

What is the MMS alliance? I missed out on a couple days & can't seem to figure it out.

What is the MMS alliance? I missed out on a couple days & can't seem to figure it out.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith, the alleged "secret" pre-show alliance of Jase and Diane (and maybe Alison)

Hey all.. I'm new here but would like to try my hand at recapping. I have a few questions though:

1) I will try to spell correctly, and punctuation, etc etc.. but if I slip up, am I going to get bashed for it here like at (t___)

2) Do we recap everything here or just the cool stuff? If they are sitting there talking about their checking accounts..do we want to know this?

3) Is there such a thing as posting too much here? (aka warning #2 somewhere else)

4) Do we do the

K-how old are you?

J-I'm 35

K- oh.

style posting?

or the

''The K has asked J 40 fricken times already how old he is like he's the census taker.''

style posting?

or a combo of both?

5) I think I understand that if the hg says ''oh fuck!'' we are to type it as is, (correct?) but what if I slip up and want to say that about someones noms? Is that coolio?

6) If I am doing something wrong.. could someone please PM me so I can get it right instead of irritating everyone? Thanx..

Tsylyst   

Hey all.. I'm new here but would like to try my hand at recapping. I have a few questions though:

1) I will try to spell correctly, and punctuation, etc etc.. but if I slip up, am I going to get bashed for it here like at (t___)

Not at all. Unless you start to post long, rambling one-paragraph posts with no punctuation or capitalization at all. And even then we aren't going to get all TWOP on your ass.

2) Do we recap everything here or just the cool stuff? If they are sitting there talking about their checking accounts..do we want to know this?

We want to know, but you don't have to recap it if you don't want to. Our theory is to recap everything, without bias as to how boring it is. Especially if you can make it funny.

3) Is there such a thing as posting too much here? (aka warning #2 somewhere else)

Depends what you mean. Make sure you read all the FAQ, Rules for Posting and Tips for Recapping and you should be clear. Just remember: We don't need a post every five seconds saying "still flames."

4) Do we do the

K-how old are you?

J-I'm 35

K- oh.

style posting?

or the

''The K has asked J 40 fricken times already how old he is like he's the census taker.''

style posting?

or a combo of both?

Combo. Every recapper has his or her own style, so bring it on. We love the funny, but the straightforward is sometimes easier to get in a fight or whispered strategy conversation.

5) I think I understand that if the hg says ''oh fuck!'' we are to type it as is, (correct?) but what if I slip up and want to say that about someones noms? Is that coolio?

I don't know if you are talking about spoilers in this question, or personal opinions. If you're talking about spoilers, it's a recap thread of the live feeds -- spoilers are what we do. If you're talking about personal opinions, we don't limit those in recaps -- as long as you have some actual recap in your post.

6) If I am doing something wrong.. could someone please PM me so I can get it right instead of irritating everyone? Thanx..

Trust me -- if you're doing something wrong, you'll know about it. But in a nice, quiet, non-MissAssi kind of way.

To any potential recappers out there: Read through, like, 10 pages of recaps and you'll see how it all works around these here parts. Check out the FAQ and Rules for Posting threads. Then jump on in. We won't bite. Unless you use an animated avatar. Then I'm gonna go Hurricane Howie on your ass.

Thanks for the reply.. I don't have plans to be all long posterish, or post 5 times a minute. I actually posted 4 times yesterday and got a warning.. so I wasn't sure how uptight it would make some if I just added some stuff when I was available.

I think you are asking about spoilers in this question. If that's the case, it's a recap thread of the live feeds -- spoilers are what we do.

Actually, I was referring to foul language. Not sure if there is a maturity rating here or what was acceptable.