Sign in to follow this  
gforce

Chris Underwood - Manu - Made Extinct Week 3 - WINNER!*

gforce   

ChrisUnderwood.jpg

Photo courtesy CBS.COM

Hometown: Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Current residence: Greenville, South Carolina

Hobbies: Surfing, sailing, camping, anything outdoors!

Pet peeves: Laziness, political Facebook posts, people who are all talk and no walk.

Three words to describe you: Personable, hustler, and intuitive.

What is your personal claim to fame?  
My professional career. I went from being a barista to managing the #1 sales team in my solar company within a year.

Who or what is your inspiration in life? 
The people who have taught me to get back up when I'm knocked down, to fight for the things that matter in life, and to never let my goals get away from me, no matter how big or small.

If you could have three things on the island, what would they be and why? 
A surfboard because Fiji has amazing waves!
A skillet because literally everything tastes better on a skillet.
Scuba gear equipped with a spear gun because I love diving and spearfishing.

Which Survivor contestant are you the most like?  
Malcolm because of his charm, Rob because he is a leader but also manipulative, Spencer because of how well he understands strategy, and Ozzy because of his skills in the water.  

What's your reason for being on Survivor?  
My primary motivation is to say that I accomplished the goal that I was set out to do—win!  Even if the grand prize was $1,000, if I say I am going to do something, then I am everything in my control to achieve it.  

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?  
I can make fire, fish, build shelter, and I will most likely be cooking a lot of meals (I'm big into cooking). Also, I'd work hard and won't lay around camp. I'm a team player in terms of getting a group to work together, I am extremely competitive, and I will do whatever it takes to help my team win!

MrsGryn   

Hands down, he doesn't even get a single fish and orders the women to tend the fire while he looks for idols. 

tlh9   

bwah!  Yes, one of those who thinks he doesn't have to work -- but wants everything to still get done.  He probably won't even *try* for a fish.

Tsylyst   

I respect that he made the best move he could in that final-four tribal to build his resume by eliminating Rick, but I'm still not pleased that a longtime ExIsle person won. He barely did anything this whole season...except bond with the jury for 20-ish days, which probably helped guarantee the votes.

I guess it helped that he was up against some really weak players in that final three.

MrsGryn   

Exactly on the competition. He bonded with the jury. Had he been up against Rick, we know he would have lost. Had he been up against Joe and his mustache? A loss. He might have lost against Ron or Freckles as well. 

I was waiting for Probst to ask the assembled jurors who they would have voted for if Dadbod had been in the mix.  

tlh9   

I know, elizabethann!!  me too!!!  I mean, he *always* does that kinda thing.  But then this year the "reunion" part was super-short, don't even think it was a full half-hour, since they had to do so much stuff for the finale episode itself.

"Joe and his mustache"... haha!

You really think he would've lost against Freckles, even, MrsG?

I think that last "big play" of challenging Dadbod Rick is what got him enough votes.

And once again, person #3 sits there without a single vote... which would be kind of embarrassing or whatever if you were that person -- it's like you'd rather have just been voted out before that.

MrsGryn   

Yah, I think Freckles was pretty well liked and had her hand in a lot of dealmaking.

tlh9   

Well, yes, I see your point... she did seem well-liked.

I was *very* surprised she didn't vote for Gavin, speaking of Freckles.

Sign in to follow this