Sign in to follow this  
gforce

Julie Rosenberg - Kama

gforce   

JulieRosenberg.jpg

Photo courtesy CBS.COM

Hometown: Baltimore
Current Residence: New York City

Hobbies: Psychological thrillers, hot yoga classes, escape rooms, and spending way too much time online researching gluten-free recipes that I never end up making.  

Pet peeves: Hoarders, people who invade my personal space, and anything that's floral scented.

Three words to describe you: Underestimated, determined, and maybe a little neurotic. Okay, I'm definitely neurotic. 

What is your personal claim to fame?  
Raising my two kids who impress me every day with their intelligence, strength, humor, and resilience. I hope I can make them as proud of me as I am of them. 

Who or what is your inspiration in life? 
My husband. He is incredibly smart, caring, and selfless. He has always been there for me and supports me in everything I do. Every time I watch him with our children, it reminds me that he is the best example of what a parent should be and inspires me to be a better parent myself.

If you could have three things on the island, what would they be and why? 
My iPhone for its playlist of my favorite songs to keep me motivated when things get tough.
A picture of my husband, kids, and two Bernese mountain dogs to remember that they are back home rooting for me.
Milk chocolate. That's self-explanatory. 

Which Survivor contestant are you the most like?  
A combo of Stephanie for her tenacity, Cirie for her humor and fun-spirit, and Dawn for her propensity to have some emotional moments.  

What's your reason for being on Survivor?  
The challenge. I have wanted to play this insane game since I saw the very first episode. Something about pushing myself to the absolute physical and mental limit possible has always appealed to me. It's about proving to myself and to those that know me that I can actually do this!.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?  
There is no doubt that I will be out of my comfort zone every step of the way, but when I set out to do something I become laser focused and I never give up. While I may not be the strongest physical player out there, I am smart, social, and will play the game with both my brain and my heart. I have waited 18 years to do this and nothing is going to stop me from winning. No other outcome is even an option!

tlh9   

I was wondering the same as jak.

As they say, "It's not hoarding if you got cool shit."

My Dad saves a lot of things, having grown up in the end of the depression, but it doesn't cross to hoarding, thank god.  Stuff that's trash, he throws away, for instance.  But when he weeds the flowerbeds, he saves all the rocks he comes across in buckets, because "buying rocks at the landscape place is expensive".  Turns out it really is!  Then he sold his buckets of rocks.

MrsGryn   

I appreciate that she searched recipes and then never makes them. Makes me feel better about the box of recipes I've been hoar....uh, nevermind.

tlh9   

Now see, I started hoarding saving mine online, now... so that's better since I don't have a physical box anymore.  Just an in-basket in the kitchen of my "finalists for making soon".  

I actually tried one for Christmas dinner -- a casserole-type affair with home-made cheddar sauce and peas and onions and stuff, which my nephews call "the pea dish", and laugh, even though they go back for seconds.  I also recently made a "Snowball Cake" from a recipe i found online, which was awesome.

With Julie being neurotic, and a self-aware neurotic, perhaps she and David will find each other at some point?  Woo-hoo Team Neurotic!

What is a "hot yoga class"?

tlh9   

omg.  that sounds like a horrific experience -- especially in a class setting where there's a bunch of people doing that all at once -- and yeah, totally gross.  I wonder how much febreze where ever that place is, goes through in a week or month??  ugh.

It is gross, particularly when that one person (that every yoga class has) passes gas and the whiff of roasted fart fills the room. On the other hand, all that sweating and my skin has never looked better. 

I'm sorta interested to see if she uses her toymaking skills to design things to keep them entertained. That could help her in the game, you know,  being "the fun one." 

tlh9   

I could never do that in a class of strangers.  But then I am loathe to sweat at all in the first place if there's anything I can do to help it.  I also hate sun touching me for more than a few minutes.

Is this the one where the screen said, "Etsy shop owner"?  Or was that the gal who says she "started a business"?

I'm pretty sure she was the Etsy shop caption. Was she the one who got the splinter?

My mom, who never really cooks and never was into big elaborate recipes, had a habit of ripping them out of magazines years ago. At one point, she had ripped the same recipe out like half a dozen times.... and never made it once. I think it was for cheesecake, which would have been ambitious to say the least since she only made the Jello no bake variety. I remember her throwing them all away and never making the recipe.

AVorlon   

I had to look up what an Etsy store was, but I didn't have to look up hot yoga.  I worked on a loading dock when I was younger, loading freight into trailers that had been sitting in the sun all day. Think about your car, and getting into it after its been in the sun for hours. Now, think about working in that temperature for hours with no air circulation. Your hot yoga does not impress me, Julie.  

Edited by AVorlon