Sign in to follow this  
gforce

Chicken Wendy Diaz - Lesu/Manu - Made Extinct Week 6

gforce   

WendyDiaz.jpg

Photo courtesy CBS.COM

Hometown: Los Angeles
Current residence: Bell, California

Hobbies: Swimming, rock climbing, anything active, karaoke, and getting into shenanigans! 

Pet peeves: I cannot stand when people don't carry their weight. I also hate quitters! Find a way to get something done! Don't just give up when the going gets tough. 

Three words to describe you: Idiosyncratic, fun-loving, and spontaneous. 

What is your personal claim to fame? 
Starting my own business from the ground up.  

Who or what is your inspiration in life?  
My mom is my greatest inspiration. She worked hard and raised three daughters all by herself.  I don't know what I would do without her!

If you could have three things on the island, what would they be and why? 
I would definitely need to take a small jar of Vaseline, my lips get dry!
Hair ties: I cannot stand when my hair is in my face! I need it up to win challenges.
Last but not least, I really want to take Scruffy. Okay context time: I have a stuffed animal that I have had for 20 years and I have never slept without him even to this day. My sister and BF insist I don't take him because what if I get him sandy or ruin him. I'm conflicted. 

Which Survivor contestant are you the most like?  
I am a hybrid of many players! I think I would play the game like Sandra, I would be the second Diaz to win! But my attitude towards people would be more like Tai. He is just so full of life and I love his outlooks on things. 

What's your reason for being on Survivor
I would like to be on the show because I want to see how tough it really is. I love putting myself in these kinds of situations and when watching the show, I have a sense that I can do this with ease. 

My second motivation would probably be the money. Not in the typical sense. I have always said that I want to be rich just so I am able to help other people. I grew up poor, and I am by no means well off now, but I am content with my life and need nothing more. I could use that money to help people, even in the smallest way. Especially my mom and people like her. 

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?  
I think I have the agility and the cunningness to win. I love outdoorsy stuff and can't wait to see what the wilderness throws at me!

uaintjak   

She’s going to fall apart early, and then it’s “So long senorita” for her.  Also I bet her business is something dumb.

tlh9   

Yes, her hair is an alien color.

I wish it said what her business actually is.  If it's so great why not say what it is?

something i can't quite pin down bugs me about this one.

tlh9   

well, i guess as long as it makes you a living. 

But she makes it sound like something really grand, so I'm curious.  But I suspect Tsy is probably at or close to the truth.

I mean, technically, I "started my own business from the ground up", too, did that for about five years... but it certainly wasn't anything to brag about.  Just enough to eke out a living when I needed it.

But, perhaps like with Valedictorian Girl, those who tend to brag are the type to apply for Survivor.

ahab1013   
On 2/2/2019 at 8:54 PM, Tsylyst said:

I feel like "small business owner" is code for "I sell useless shit on Etsy."

Not when paired with "getting into schenanigans" then it becomes code for "selling weed"

MrsGryn   

So her hair is an advertisement for her product? Nice marketing tie-in. 

She hates quitters. She is going to quit once she gets to Extinction Island.

tlh9   

Her hair?  Where did you see that?  Someone with hair like that is using it as an advertisement?  For what, unusual-colored hair dye?

Yeah, can't wait to see the first time she's whining about something... 

uaintjak   

Well fuck.  Her having Tourette's and having to deal with that on top of the insanity that is Survivor made me like her a little bit.

tlh9   

Yeah.... I ended up kinda liking her some too.  I really didn't think I would -- I was thinking annoying!

uaintjak   

Ok, well, after the whole chicken fiasco, she made it onto my hate list.  Congrats.

For someone who normally likes quirky characters on reality shows, I'm not connecting at all with this one.  

Sign in to follow this