Sign in to follow this  
gforce

Rick Devens - Vata - Former Manu/Lesu - Ext Week 4, Returned to Game - Voted out 17th

gforce   

RickDevens.jpg

Photo courtesy CBS.COM

Hometown: Blacksburg, Virginia
Current residence: Macon, Georgia

Hobbies: Basketball, hiking/playing with the kids and dogs, and video games.

Pet peeves: Not taking ownership of actions, over explainers, waiting in line, and people not using coasters.

Three words to describe you: Funny, compassionate, and loyal.

What is your personal claim to fame?  
My kids, BUT one time there was a cat stuck high (very high) up in a tree for days and may have died but I did a news story and contacted folks and got him rescued, so I have that going for me.

Who or what is your inspiration in life? 
My father. He's totally focused and dedicated. A West Point grad and Airborne Army Ranger.  He can do anything. Also, shout outs to Stephen Colbert and Stephen King who are brilliant and funny.

If you could have three things on the island, what would they be and why? 
The Stand by Stephen King. A great book and long so it'll entertain me for a while.
A LEGO figure. My son always asks me to keep his LEGO men safe.
A picture of my family, dogs, and cats included.

Which Survivor contestant are you the most like?  
Cochran. He's a strategist. He was also a genuinely nice guy but he was there to PLAY!

What's your reason for being on Survivor?  
I want to win. I've been watching and dreaming of being Sole Survivor since high school. I think I can win! Also, the $1 million.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor 
I'm an Eagle Scout and have all the basic survival/first aid skills. I'm a hard worker and good at alleviating tension.

gforce   

I’ll give him extra points if he starts making coasters from sliced up tree limbs. 

tlh9   

ha!  Yes. he very much needs a shirt.

The kitty thing, the dogs, and the coaster thing plus being nerdy make me tend to like him.  It would be fucking awesome if he made jungle coasters.

MrsGryn   

Okay, Dadbod Rick was really, really, really stupid this last tribal by not listening to David and he got blindsided. He needs to pivot and hopefully he will do that because I like the guy overall. He is pretty quick with the jokes. I thought he would be a non-bitter betty but right now that seems to be the case. 

gforce   

In that moment, he went full idiot.  Survivor Rule #1 - always go along with whoever you’re talking to.  

He can go extinct for good any time. 

uaintjak   

I hated him this episode (except his jokes were gold) so seeing his shocked pikachu face at Tribal was delicious.  He can still be my friend if he gets his shit together next week.

Watchers   

It's amazing how he always seem to get an advantage or find an idol...

I guess he the chosen one this season getting help with idols

and advantages....

On 4/7/2019 at 0:33 PM, uaintjak said:

I hated him this episode (except his jokes were gold) so seeing his shocked pikachu face at Tribal was delicious.  He can still be my friend if he gets his shit together next week.

Still friends, jak?  I loved him this week.

MrsGryn   

Loved the truth telling fun he was having at Tribal. "Ron and Julie are LIARS!" while grinning like an idiot. So much fun!

tlh9   

Oh, yeah..... that was awesome!!  Totally loved that.  I love that he has fun with it.  And so many jokes no one else even got -- sucks being stuck on an island and you're the only one with a sense of humor... ha!

Sign in to follow this