Sign in to follow this  
gforce

Reem Daly - Manu - Made Extinct Week 1

gforce   

ReemDaly.jpg

Photo courtesy CBS.COM

Hometown: Fairfax, Virginia
Current residence: Ashburn, Virginia

Hobbies: Chess, kickball, and neighborhood security.

Pet peeves: Intolerance, humming, bad manners, nose picking, slackers, and snobs. 

Three words to describe you: Inquisitive, tenacious, and energetic. 

What is your personal claim to fame?  
I don't mean to sound cheesy, but my kids! They are good, caring people and I am super proud of that!

Who or what is your inspiration in life? 
Mom.

If you could have three things on the island, what would they be and why? 
Hat: to stay warm and my hair will be a mess.
Hoodie: comfortable, warm, and good for sleeping.
Pants.

Which Survivor contestant are you the most like?  
Stephanie LaGrossa because she does not give up and Rudy Boesch because he just does NOT care.

What's your reason for being on Survivor?  
I need to challenge myself. Bucket list dream.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?   
My social game is amazing and although I am honest to a fault, I know when to chill. I've been watching since 2000—I trust no one. Words mean zero to me. Actions speak louder!

tlh9   

Oh god... me too!!  geezus.  I had thought it was an odd name, but hadn't really paid attention to her last name, until jak went and said that...

When I first saw "neighborhood security" in your post Nixie, I was thinking she's like the guys we have that drive around in the neighborhood looking for trouble. Then I reread her bio and thought, "Yup, Nixie's right. Bitch is Gladys Kravitz."

MrsGryn   

She really should have rethought taking her husband's name after marriage.

And yeah, Gladys Kravitz immediately came to mind. 

tlh9   

Gladys Kravitz... bwah!  That could prove entertaining on the show, perhaps... in real life as a neighbor, not so much.

I can't say I remember a meltdown quite like hers at the very first tribal. And seriously why would she think touching everyone's stuff was ok? Plus, if I have something wet,  I HANG it to dry, not lay it flat so no air can circulate around it. 

tlh9   

Oh, that was awesome... in a train-wreck kinda way!  Ha!

You do have to lay some sweaters flat to dry, otherwise they'll stretch all out -- I have a couple dresses like that too (yes it's annoying)... but I don't think anyone had sweaters out there.  Plus when laying flat to dry, you usually use a rack-thing so the air can circulate.  I'll admit to laying one flat over the back of the couch near the heater outlet one time. 

Plus... sand!!!  On fucking wet clothes!!!

But she was kinda awesome to watch.  For someone to be fucking annoying.

I have one of those sweater drying racks. I got it from my mom who got it from my grandfather years ago. The thing has to be like 40 or 50 years old. I can put the sweater flat, but since it's all open, air can circulate and stuff can dry. 

I just remembered her repeatedly telling people to drink water. That would be annoying too. What was next? Her telling them to go to bed and get some sleep? I'm surprised none of them didn't think she was looking thru their stuff to see if they had an idol or something. That would have been my first thought, that she was searching my stuff. She's so crazy pants that she might be the best first option for the dinosaur island. She's going to sit there stewing and building a grudge, so that will be fun for us to watch. 

tlh9   

omg, yes... I can't wait to see what she says and does next, after Dinosaur Island!!

And she'd totally build the paranoia about snooping -- for good reason.