Sign in to follow this  
gforce

Julia Carter - Vata - Former Kama - Made Extinct Week 9

gforce   

JuliaCarter.jpg

Photo courtesy CBS.COM

Hometown: Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Current residence: Bethesda, Maryland

Hobbies: Traveling, shopping, and eating.

Pet peeves: Being ignored, loud chewing, and when people document EVERYTHING on social media.

Three words to describe you: Adventurous, resilient, and personable.

What is your personal claim to fame?  
I definitely feel proud to be the first in the family to graduate college and pave the way for my younger sister and family members.

Who or what is your inspiration in life?  
My mom. She has faced some of life's hardest challenges but she has remained beautiful inside and out and kept her optimism intact. I can only hope to be as strong as she is.

If you could have three things on the island, what would they be and why? 
Pen and paper to document my thoughts, stories, and strategy.
A radio or something to play music because music keeps me going.
Picture of my family. Everything I do is for them. This would help me get through rough times in the game.

Which Survivor contestant are you the most like?  
Jeremy! He was a physical beast, but he was strategic in his use of Idols, loyal to his alliance, and overall honest and personable in his gameplay. He was a well-rounded player.

What's your reason for being on Survivor?  
It has been my dream to be on Survivor since I started watching as a kid. It started after the passing of my father, and in a sense, it helped me "survive" my own challenges. I want to prove to myself I can do this. To win a million dollars is also a huge motivation. I have many student loans and I want to be able to help my sister and mother.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?  
I am a team player and an excellent communicator. I have charm and wits and I am not afraid to make risky moves.

uaintjak   

I don’t see “traveling, shopping, and eating” translating well into Survivor skills.

ahab1013   

Doesn't like people who document their lives on social media...goes on reality show where entire life is filmed and broadcast around the globe.

Apparently Irony is extinct this season.

MrsGryn   

Ha, ahab!

She is one of those friends who rolls their eyes when you take a picture of a meal to memorialize it, but is the first to do it when she wants to do the same. But good for her for getting out of Hazleton, PA.  

tlh9   

I have never felt the urge to memorialize one of my meals with pictures... but have taken a photo of a table full of home-made cinnamon rolls once.  And assorted birthday cakes, but that was with the birthday person in it too.  

But even if I might think taking a picture of your dinner is kinda silly, it's also harmless, so whatever floats one's boat.

Saying you have "charm and wits" makes me suspicious.

MrsGryn   

With Julia's pivot to vote out Eric, she showed some good game play. Listen to what people say to you and think logically! I would not be surprised if she was the one who decided Eric should go, which was a good idea as he has a better chance of winning immunity than Ron does. 

uaintjak   

Yeah, I like her.  I mean, this was the first time we've seen her do anything, but she hasn't pissed me off and she was smart and stealthy.

Sign in to follow this