Sign in to follow this  
gforce

Victoria Baamonde - Vata - Former Manu - Voted Out 15th

gforce   

victoriaBaamonde.jpg

Photo courtesy CBS.COM

Hometown: Bronx, New York
Current residence: Bronx, New York

Hobbies: Hiking, painting/visual art, cooking.

Pet peeves: Slow walkers, leaving cabinets open, my guinea pig who I named Peeve, and when customers don't read the menu and then ask dumb questions like, "are there meatballs in the meatball sauce?" 

Three words to describe you: Controlling, ambitious, and witty.

What is your personal claim to fame?  
I was valedictorian of my college with a perfect 4.0 and I bring it up in conversation as much as possible. 

Who or what is your inspiration in life? 
This is going to sound nuts, but my guinea pig Scamp. She's been sick from the moment I got her. She's had two surgery stints, countless vet visits, and tons of medications, but she's still the happiest, feistiest, and most amazing little fur-ball. She has such a distinct personality and loves eating so much. I just respect that about her and strive to be that simplistically happy. 

If you could have three things on the island, what would they be and why? 
A notebook and pencil (this is one item) to keep track of all my thoughts and to sketch. 
Baby pillow: this tiny pillow I've had since I was born that I sleep with every night. 
A guitar: No clue how to play one, but I figure I'll have lots of time to learn.  

Which Survivor contestant are you the most like?  
I relate to Malcolm Freberg. If you read his Wiki Fandom page, he's described as "likable, strategic, and excels at challenges" and I'd like to think I am the same way. 

What's your reason for being on Survivor?  
My primary motivation is the once in a lifetime adventure! I've been watching since I was a little kid, and it's always been something I've wanted to do. Every contestant says its life-changing. Secondary: the shot at a million dollars, of course! 

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?  
 I truly think I have everything it takes to outwit, outplay, and outlast. I am and always have been a hustler. I work hard to achieve my goals. I'm sociable, very smart, strong, and self-aware enough to know when to tone down the quantities that make me a threat. I'm not afraid to lie and backstab, but I'm smart enough to know without alliances and bonds, you will never win. 

Valedictorian of her college, but she's a waitress. That seems like a poor return on investment. I mean, I have 2 degrees I've never officially used, but I'm also not bragging about being the valedictorian (which I certainly was not). 

Tsylyst   

She would want a guitar on the island because she thinks she'll have time to sit around and learn how to play.

Is that how this works?

tlh9   

That was my thought -- when the hell does she think she'd have time to learn to play an instrument?

I had a 4.0 until a family situation caused my grades to drop a little.  However, I never told *anyone*, except close family, and never any of my peers.  Until now, here... but I don't have a 4.0 anymore anyway.  I always pretended I wasn't doing all that well.  I don't want my tires slashed for ruining the curve.

She probably got her degree in some fluff major... hence the waitressing.  Probably hence the 4.0 too.  I maybe could've kept mine if I wasn't doing STEM.  That shit be hard once you get to 3rd and 4th year, especially when you got major family shit going on at the same time and are trying to work.  Fluff classes are easy though -- I just bullshitted my way through a lot of those classes and still got A's.

Jade   

Two surgeries... stints?? (I think she means stents, btw.) And, countless vet visits for a guinea pig? How much does a guinea pig even cost? Wouldn't it be smarter to get a new one that looks just like the sad, sickly one?

Also, who's caring for this sickly guinea pig while she's on Survivor? I have a feeling she might be needing a new pet real soon.

Edited by Jade
ETA: another thought

I think she used stint as a noun, like a stint of activity. Which is just weird when it comes to surgery. Especially surgery on a guinea pig. I've heard it used when people have reoccurring hospital vitsts for chronic illnesses, but I wouldn't use it even to describe the times I've had to have a 3 day course of IV steroids to treat my MS. It was done at home, the nurse would come a few hours 3 days in a row and hook up the IV. Hell, I didn't even call off work or anything, so stint would just seem... not right? So just weird for guinea pig surgeries. 

A waitress from the bronx. Hmmm...I wonder if she'll be like AOC. And I think Nixie is right about the "stint" thing. I'd guess she tried to use the word to make a look smarter, but it was a miserable fail

tlh9   

She probably heard someone else use it at some point and thought it worked.

"AOC"?  forgive me but I'm not sure what you're referring to, but am curious.

tlh9   

Oh, okay.  Sorry.  I didn't know that.  I'll just google it.

ahab1013   

Hopefully she won't be too smart for her own good, but if she keeps repeating the valedictorian line she's be a target quickly.

Also like, that as a ginger, she may spontaneously burst into flames by day 9.

MrsGryn   

She thinks she's likable but mentions her 4.0 GPA at every opportunity. You can have one of these things, Freckles, but not both.

tlh9   

Even without the GPA-dropping, saying out loud to other people that you're likable, generally is just kinda weird and kinda bragg-y.  (not to be confused with Swaggy, which, ugh.)  You don't say that -- you just show it through your words and actions and attitude.

And even some of the most likable people I've known, who were generally thought of as "pretty awesome", have still had a detractor or two.  Can't suit everyone all the time.

AVorlon   

In terms of learning to play the guitar there, I don't recall anyone bringing a musical instrument along with them, but I think there would be plenty of downtime to practice if you wanted to. 

The comps and the tribal councils don't take all day, and it seems to me that you would have plenty of spare time.  We sometimes see them sitting around doing nothing, but that makes for bad TV. 

Sign in to follow this