Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Tamar Braxton - Her hair was in her luggage, apparently.

angelmi   

I saw her at the lead when they first started voting and I did not get it, but now Lolo is thinking they edited the fight to make everybody feel sorry for her.  I guess people like trouble makers.  

tlh9   

That was my (and my Aunt's) immediate reaction, also, Cripes!!  Who in the hell??  How in the hell??  What the hell??  She's one of my least-liked/most-hated people ever to be on BB, be it regular or celeb!  And I actually don't "hate" that many of them like ya'll do -- I'm kinda easy-going that way.  (heh)  I like picking on them but it rarely rises to "hate" levels.  But she... Oh. My. GOD.  I just can't stand the woman and can't imagine having to live with her 24/7.

Shannon   

This is why I hate this voting shit, so many are cheating, how many people (who do not watch the show) are you getting to vote, etc., and I hate when you are expected to vote 20 times a day...they need to either make the voting fair, or drop the whole damn voting.  

Tsylyst   

You can tell from activity on HT that only a fraction of regular-season BB viewers are tuning in this season, so the ratio of BB fans to celeb fans tuning in for a specific houseguest is important to consider in this sort of voting situation. BB diehards aren't going to tip the scale as easily.

I look at it this way, having spent time in reality TV with "Braxton Family Values" and then hosting a gabfest like "The Real," Tamar has a built-in audience of trashy-TV fans that would easily follow her to BB. None of the other hamsters can say that.

Kandi's fans are going to be from the music world. Joey's are going to be older and like people on HT have said, thinking "what happened to this guy?" Lolo, Ricky and Natalie's fans are going to be sports fans, and I don't know that BB is an easy transition there, especially this time of year when there are other big games on to distract them from watching BB every day. Tom's fans are older and more interested in him making fun of reality TV than appearing on it. Do Dina and Kato even have large fan bases? They both have fewer than 20,000 followers on Twitter.

And it doesn't hurt that Toni Braxton told her 1.7 million followers to tweet the hashtag for Tamar. (Lindsay Lohan didn't tweet to her 8+ million in support of her mother, to give a boost to Dina's numbers.)

So my point is, Tamar might actually have the largest group of dedicated fans watching this season of BB and willing to participate in an online vote.

AVorlon   

Thanks, very well explained, but still kind of depressing at the same time. I would like more of a "pure" form of BB instead of a popularity contest driven by a fan base. 

Note to Grodner…let the game play itself out without any more votes on important powers.  If you must have a vote on something, make it less impacting. Have Tom wear a bunny suit, or tether Tamar and Kandi together.   

Tsylyst   

Yes! Hamster torture*! That's what we're here for!

*No literal furry little hamsters were tortured in the writing of this post.

tlh9   

I had no idea Tamar had been on those shows.  But then I hate those "reality" shows about families -- I've tried a couple a long time ago and they seem fake, fake, FAKE... even the ads for them make them seem totally fake!

Even so -- and I totally get what Tsy is explaining there and that makes total sense -- who the hell could stand her on *any* show???   Geezus. I'd hate to know those people... *shudder*

What the hell is wrong with Lindsay?  Oh, wait...haha!

eta: I prefer the fruit suits for my amusement.  Like the banana suit, or a pineapple suit would be cool.  How about having a couple of them "win" and put them in the Fruit-of-the-Loom suits?  The carrot wasn't bad that one year either.  But I think a banana suit is the best.

Roping Tamar & Kandi together... ha! perfect.

Edited by tlh9

angelmi   

Up too late last night with the huge fight last night, got woke up this morning to the fake Wendy Williams show (she is having marriage problems so has not been back to her own show since before Christmas, I read her husband got his girlfriend pregnant) But the guest hosts first story today was Tamar telling Kandi that her 5 year old son, remember him from her intro, sleeps with Tamar and her boyfriend.  Kandi says that is not good and doesn't the baby daddy object, and Tamar says she does not care what the dad thinks, he is not involved with the kid, then Kandi was like it is not good for the kid, to still be sleeping with his mom period.   Then the host made fun of Tamar wearing those sun glasses and hoodie says she looks like the unibomber.  Yes I agree with Tsy about the vote, she is big on social media with the Baxtons, house wives, music, Dancing with the stars, talk shows, I have seen a bunch of her talked about on the talk shows especially with the Lolo fight.  Plus also the black community online are bragging they did it last year voting to give the black contestant a win over the white even though 2 of them quit last year.  Also that racist Gina Maria has caused more problems with a tweet she hates Tamar/Kandi/Ricky and half of Lolo.  There is a post about the voting thing where they go thru and remove the names and change it to 1-white, 2-white, 3-white, 4-white....8-black, 9-black, 10-Mexican.  To my surprise Tamar was not involved in the fight last night but boy the House wife version of Kandi came out against Dina last night.

tlh9   

Holy shit, Gina Marie really tweeted *that*??  Wow.  Just... wow.  Thanks for reminding me how vile she is.  (I didn't know Lolo was mixed race -- not that I care, but I hadn't even thought about it to wonder).

I hate when, or that, race is brought into things like this.  Or anything.

I am kinda impressed that Tamar resisted joining in a fight, though.  And yes, I'd thought she was going for the unibomber look, too.

Tamar is an ugly, ugly woman, and I'm not talking about her physical looks. Watching her last night with Tom told me everything I need to know about her. 

gforce   

I think she has pretty much set a new standard for the term “poor sport” for this show.   Just gross.

tlh9   
3 hours ago, nixiechick said:

Tamar is an ugly, ugly woman, and I'm not talking about her physical looks. Watching her last night with Tom told me everything I need to know about her. 

Do you mean from the broadcast show or something that happened on the feeds?