Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Joey Lawrence - Where the hell is his hair?

MrsGryn   

Wow, he's kinda stupid:

Bankruptcy filing: In March 2018, Joey filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. In the filing, Joey revealed that he and his wife have had three cars repossessed in the last year, a 2014 Bentley, a 2016 BMW i8 and a 2015 Ford Flex. He also reported his monthly income as $7000 and his monthly expenses at $25,500. The family reportedly has assets worth $43,000 and debts totaling $355,000. We also learned that at the peak of Melissa & Joey in 2015, the actor earned $534,000. The following year he earned $58,000. In January 2018, Joey sold the rights to his personal LLC at auction for $56,000 which gives the buyer the rights to all his future royalties and residuals.

Car payments on 3 cars, mortgage, and private school for his kids, plus regular bills, especially if they were living a celebrity lifestyle. I can't believe he was stupid enough to sell his rights off though. Apparently he couldn't afford a lawyer to tell him that's all kinds of a bad decision. 

So, when he argued ad nauseam over the years that he was being pigeon-holed into dumb guy characters, he really was just truly an idiot.  Couldn't Blossom have thrown him a bone with some of her BBT money?

gforce   
2 hours ago, nixiechick said:

Car payments on 3 cars, mortgage, and private school for his kids, plus regular bills, especially if they were living a celebrity lifestyle. I can't believe he was stupid enough to sell his rights off though. Apparently he couldn't afford a lawyer to tell him that's all kinds of a bad decision. 

To be fair, if it only applies to future projects of his it was probably a good deal after all. 

See, I was thinking he could really screw himself over if he had a hit role.... but I forgot to take into account the crap he's known for so let's be honest, the chances of a hit is pretty much zero to none. 

8 hours ago, gforce said:

To be fair, if it only applies to future projects of his it was probably a good deal after all. 

Completely missed the "future" piece.....guess it's more understandable, I suppose.  

gforce   

Well, it is worded a bit ambiguously.  But even if it includes past work, my understanding is that residuals often don’t add up to much unless you’re pretty famous and have past work that is still often re-aired.  He probably figured that the money now was more important than the few dollars he got per month from residuals.  

chrysana   

I had a HUGE crush on him back in the day too.  I'm curious about his financials...will probably be sucked into watching to see if he explains...