Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Survivor 38: Edge of Extinction

uaintjak   

I kind of hate myself for saying this, but I don't think my dad-crush Devens should win.  He's definitely worked for it, far more so than any of those left, but...he DID get voted out.  And those on ExStinky Island have it comparatively easy - they don't have to play the game.  So for one of them to come back and win, well...I dunno.  I don't love it.

Of course the alternative is a very boring and lackluster winner like Freckles, Gavin, Lauren, Aurora, or Julie, so...gross.

Tsylyst   

Agreed about the Extinction Island people. At this point, if someone comes back, they have sat out a huge chunk of the game AND had lots of alone time to bond with the other jury members on Ex Island.

tlh9   

Ooo, yeah, I hadn't thought about the "bonding tie" on Ex-Island.  That would actually have an impact on voting -- how could it not, to at least some extent?

Hmmm.

MrsGryn   

I would agree with you, jak, about the getting voted out and coming back in IF Rick Devens had come back into the game and been able to coast to the finale. As you say, he has had to work for it, so I'm less inclined to dismiss him for that. And the ones left are sooooooo boooooooring. Gah. 

Tsylyst   

Rick only missed five days while he was on Ex-Isle, and he returned at the merge so he's been there for most of the major tribe happenings. I'm OK with him having an actual shot at the win.

But people like Chris, Aubry and Joe have been out of the game for (literal) weeks at this point. Chris was voted out on Day 8, the last tribal we saw was Day 31. Reem only played for three actual days. As much as I would rather see someone like Joe or Aubry place higher than the likes of Julie or Victoria, I don't think the longtime Ex-Islanders should be brought back into the game at this late date.

Can you imagine if by some freak accident Reem not only managed to come back, but actually won? Or even made it to final 3? It would be beyond ridiculous. It would probably make for an interesting reunion show, but also go down as the worst season ever. 

tlh9   

Oh. My. GOD.  I'd be right there rioting too!!!  

Could you actually imagine *anyone* voting for Reem, though???  I mean, come *on*, they have to see what we do.  Hell, they *live* with it.  Her.  Whichever.  They'd have to be the bitterest people *ever* to vote for Reem over *anyone*, would they not?

tlh9   

that *is* a point..... *shudders!*

that might be a tough choice actually, put that way -- someone who voted you off vs. living with someone like Reem... ha!

AVorlon   

Holy crap, it's already time for the season finale?  You still need one more comp to bring back someone from extinction,  and one more comp to reduce it back to five again.

That seems like enough for one episode, but apparently we'll  get all the rest crammed into one night.

Rick still has his immunity idol, and Lauren still has hers.  Whoever comes back from extinction is going to know that Lauren has it. 

Edited by AVorlon

tlh9   

No kidding!!  I hate that it's all crammed up like that.  I thought for sure there would be one more week -- maybe even two -- and *then* finale.  Although they did say they're on, what, day 35 or 36??

MrsGryn   

Recap will come tomorrow evening. I need to get over my distaste for the final three first.

Sign in to follow this