Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Tribe Swap!

Tribe swap: Good or Bad?  

24 members have voted

1. Is having a tribe swap nine days in a good idea or bad idea?

• Yes, shake up the tribes.
    • No, they should stick with the original tribes.
    • I expected it.
    • The theme is being abandoned. Is Grodner running Survivor now?

MrsGryn   

Survivor had done tribe swaps earlier but this season has a reason why the tribes were divided the way they were. Is the swap at this time a good idea?

Too soon for me - just as the tribes were clicking and alliances were being formed.  Of course we can expect that Christian and Gabby and/or Christian and Nick will end up on different tribes now, right?

tlh9   

I know, Shannon.  and like yesteach and copss said:  it is far too soon!!  way way too soon. 

Eventually, yeah, but we needed to let the theme play out a little longer before that.  When they cut it off so soon it isn't as meaningful.  Let the alliances and side relationships and other dynamics develop a little more, with the tribes divided as the theme indicates.

AVorlon   

On the other hand, if you let the tribes develop loyalties for too long, they go into the reorganization with an "us vs. them" attitude. The Davids in the new tribe  want to vote out the Goliaths, and vice/versa.  I would rather see them form new alliances based on who they get along with, rather  than what tribe they originally came from. 

Remember the season when one tribe dominated, until it was down to two or three tribemates on the one side and they finally won one. And then they merged? That was one of the best seasons ever, and even though all the names escape me, the tension of whether they would completely obliterate one tribe was amazing. They really should let it play out again one of these times....Oh and how about no idols in play until the merge. Just my thoughts there.

Edited by ItsATwist
Sorry, cat sat on the keyboard and I had a mile of blank lines to clear up. :)

tlh9   

There was one season where one tribe got down to just Stephanie & Bobby Jon, and then just Stephanie.  I forget how they did that.  But she was a tribe of one for a while there.  At least I'm pretty sure of it, and my Aunt remembers it that way too -- she just brought it up the other night.  Anyone else remember that?

Ah... Google says they had a fire-making challenge... hmmm.

uaintjak   

I like tribe swaps this early.  People have time to bond, and then are forced to reevaluate.  They don't have so much time that alliances are written in stone, though, and it gives people on the outs a fresh chance.

Too soon. Although, I might not have felt this way if the Davids hadn't just finally won. I'm pretty sure I would have been ok with it had they lost again. 

uaintjak   

I think it's a way to bond them together, so the other person thinks Hillbilly Lawyer is tight with them.  I thought it was a pretty good strategy actually.

tlh9   

Yeah, I can see jak's point... but do have to admit it's kind of annoying on one level, and nothing i would ever even think of on my own, I don't think, if put in that situation -- but never having been in it, i couldn't say for 100%.  ha! 

But then I can see how it might occur to more sports-oriented people, where teams have names, and the team name does kinda inspire some team spirit and loyalty, so maybe there is a point.  Hmmm.

I've noticed in this case, it's always Hillbilly Lawyer's idea.  Maybe he watches BB a lot, too... because I don't think I recall alliance names being a thing on Survivor in the past... 

Edited by tlh9