Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

BB Canada - Seasons 7, 8 and 9

Catching up… so the hammies got told about the impact of the virus on the world outside the house on March 15, 2020, and all got COVID19 status letters from family. Arisa literally called in her hosting (video) from home for Thursday’s show. Executive producer actually admitted that they're really not sure whether or not the situation might affect production. Have-Not status has been stopped to keep the hammies physically healthy.

Gamewise… Still amazed we've had an episode 2 DoR and this past week had two… 2… TWO ejections? And now another hammie wanting to DoR? Yeesh.

And only… what… ONE actual eviction? on… what week is this? Four going into five? Jeez. We’re not even anywhere close to jury. So… the season is down at least one double eviction.

At least jury should still work. It'll just be isolation at some property in the cottaging region north of Toronto.

If social distancing protocols are still in place by then, will the finale reunion with non-jury evictees by via Zoom?

To me, Carol seems like Nico: should never have applied. Jamar and Kyle pinged my red flag radar (yeah. yeah. mixed metaphors) more than most of the others, including Min who I can’t stand but seems to have better game (or at least convincing game face) than most of the house combined.

The audition screening of potential hammies and deciding on some of this season’s 16 feels… flawed considering 1 DoR, 1 potential DoR, and 2 ejections. Though not sure what could change during the audition process

It definitely disrupts hammie strategies, alliances, and HoH decisions.

Most of the remaining cast is so milquetoast, I want Min in the game as long as possible to keep things from getting terminally boring. Min has Ika’s I-will-f’g-shred-your-letters energy.

gforce   

Agreed, Shy. They really messed up on casting this time.  I really understand how some of the HGs are saying how frustrated they are with how it’s playing out.  It’s frustrating to watch. It was their dream to play and they’re just drifting from week to week.  I did love Angie’s expression while Carol was going on about quitting. She was having none of the BS. 

skrappy   

BIG BROTHER CANADA SPECIAL STATEMENT REGARDING END OF PRODUCTION

MARCH 24, 2020 | POSTED BY: STAFF

Global and Insight Productions announced today that, in light of developments in Ontario on the fight against COVID-19, effective today Big Brother Canada Season 8 has ended production.

“Big Brother Canada is a labour of love for so many, and even though it hurts to say goodbye to the season, it’s the right thing to do,” said Big Brother Canada Host Arisa Cox. “On behalf of the incredible people who put this show together, thank you to everyone who started this journey with us. Please take care and be safe!”

At this time, Big Brother Canada has no plans to resume production at a later date. After a truly unprecedented season, the show will take its final bow over two episodes Wednesday, March 25 at 7 p.m. ET/PT and Wednesday, April 1 at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

https://www.bigbrothercanada.ca/news/big-brother-canada-special-statement-regarding-end-of-production/

Tsylyst   

It's a pretty good excuse to cancel a what sounds like a shitshow of a season. Are they speeding up to crown a winner, or just shutting things down?

gforce   

Wow.  How disappointing for the remaining HGs for what for them was already a frustrating season.   I hope they get a chance to come back again another time.  

I wonder how the situation will affect BB US production coming up.  With California locked down as much as it is I can’t imagine them doing much recruitment, etc. 

uaintjak   

From what I read, most (or all) of the crew had already resigned in protest of production continuing anyway. Info here.

i can't imagine they will have a US version, considering California's current restrictions.

Edited by uaintjak

MrsGryn   

I can't imagine BB will be happening, at least not at its usual start date.There is a possibility of a fall show since it would be easier to get up and running and fill a lot of slots for shows that are behind on production.

On the other hand, how many of us are going to want to relive being forced to life with people in a confined space for a long period of time? (as I listen to my husband mutter in the other room)

Tsylyst   

Oh you know that not only will we have a BB season at some point this year, but it will ALSO be virus themed for the exact reason MrsGryn mentioned. FUG can't pass up an opportunity to tie into something like that. Things that annoy us are her bread and butter!

The twist will totally be something like "Surprise! Here's a family member you've already spent two months with in quarantine and want to strangle!"

ETA: Or the opposite like "Surprise! Here are people you were kept apart from but now you're reunited under 24/7 camera intrusion!" Or a season of health workers who are finally taking a break from their duties. Or a season of people that had coronavirus and survived to tell their stories in the Diary Room (at least one of the cast will have this tale to tell, whatever the theme ends up being).

chrysana   

I'm not surprised BBC is stopping the season.  The whole world seems to be going into physical isolation...except for essential services; and this shit-show of a season is not an essential service.  To be honest I'm shocked it took this long to shut down.  The number of people with Covid19 in Ontario continues to climb and as of this morning it was reported that half the cases in Canada are a direct result of travel the others from contact between Canadians.  

While those in the house are fairly safe as they are all presumably healthy and they have had no contact with the outside world, those on the production side of things are not.   

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out the house, Josh the baiter who’s no master. So entertaining (not) that I’m calling the previous week “Solo: a Big Brother Canada Story” (and yet more pointless than that movie). No social game. No likeability for viewers to latch on to. I don’t even know why he auditioned or why production cast him. Like, I wouldn’t want to be left in the same room with him for a prolonged period of time.

After 2 evictions, I can’t say I’m finding any of season 9’s cast compelling, even with the diverse representation, even if the trans influencer evicted week 1 had stayed. There’s just a generic sameness to the interactions after all these decades. And no one I’d consider eye candy. But they have a ball pit room…

I find myself just watching for the comp builds.

gforce   

I'm kind of finding the same.  Maybe I'm just getting tired of the whole BB thing?