Sign in to follow this  
gforce

Alec Merlino - Kalokalo (former Goliath) -Voted out Week 10

gforce   

Photo and info courtesy CBS.COM

Alec Merlino.jpg

Hometown: San Clemente, California
Current residence: San Clemente, California

Hobbies: Surfing, playing guitar, and making travel videos.

Pet peeves: Terrible drivers, traffic, and people that exaggerate during a story.

Three words to describe you: Charismatic, tenacious, and humorous.

What's your personal claim to fame?
Getting through college and always pushing the boundaries in life by doing things that make me uncomfortable, such as traveling solo, playing guitar, and singing for people. 

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
My mom and dad because they have shown me what love is and what it means to stay positive together through the tough times. My dad has been laid off a time or two, but he's always thinking of creative ways to make money and fighting to make things work. 

My mom is a selfless individual, a hard worker in real estate, and someone who's always positive and wants nothing but the best for those around her. They both demonstrate a tremendous amount of courage and I love them.   

If you could have three things on the island what would they be and why? 
A picture of my loved ones to keep me motivated, a picture of my bank account statement because it's zero. And a guitar to sing "Kumbaya" by the fire.

Which Survivor contestant are you most like? 
I relate most to Jay, Joe, and Malcolm. All of those players are charming and likeable individuals. They were also all a dominating force during the challenges and physically fit which made them a useful asset around camp. 

What's your reason for being on Survivor?
I've always been a go-getter and someone who doesn't take no for an answer. I want to outwit, outplay, and outlast everyone. I want to prove to myself that I can be that likable, charming and a physical threat player. I also want to be sitting at the final Tribal Council and win the million-dollar prize!

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor
I have the ability to charm people around me, both guys and girls. I can read people and understand situations better than most. My personality is endearing and I'm able to adapt in different environments. My job is to deal with all walks of life just like Survivor, and for that reason my social game is going to be unstoppable.

MrsGryn   

This poor dear wants to prove to himself that he is likable and charming. You don't get to decide that for yourself!

ahab1013   

What's the big deal about traveling solo? 

Also I never trust anyone who refers to themselves as a "go-getter", that's just a hard rule.

There has to be standards in life or we'll never have nice things.

I"m not sure if I can post it in this tread, but in case you want to potentially spoil yourself on his outcome in the game, check out the general reality thread for some links about this tool. Posts are from May 15 and after. 

uaintjak   

Somehow between this picture and the show, he became a blond.  By the way, TIL that blond is for men and blonde is for women.

MrsGryn   

As a viewer, I loved Alec jumping ship. As a Survivor player? Probably not a great move. What a dumbass.

MrsGryn   

I've changed my mind about Alec jumping ship. He seems to be playing it fairly well, by continuing to vote out Goliaths he is unaligned with, and creating a cross-tribe alliance with Christian, Nick, and Gabby. 

uaintjak   

I'm surprisingly not hating him as much as I thought.  He's a pretty good player.

Also, I always forget about him.

Edited by uaintjak

gforce   

I notice that whenever he is talking to someone, he almost always replies in vague agreement/generalities.  I’m not sure if that’s a strategy or some kind of personality trait, but it seems to work.  

Sign in to follow this