Sign in to follow this  
gforce

Natalie Cole - Jabeni (former Goliath) - Voted out Week 5

MrsGryn   

I don't remember her talking about being a teacher, just about starting out in newspaper advertising and now publishing a...how did she put it? The largest black owned newspaper on the west coast, and that her employees would take a bullet for her. 

Ahhh... that makes more sense. I had a really bad week last week, all sorts of bad news, and I obviously took the working with young people the wrong way!

Okay - I've got to know what company would keep this woman on staff.  Seriously, I've met some curmudgeons over my long career, but this one is horrid.  You cannot convince me that she changes her personality at all within the work environment.  If they've skated by without having "hostile environment" claims from her coworkers, they should be on notice that it WILL happen.  

tlh9   

I don't think so... only in her profile picture at the top of this thread.

I have noticed, however, a couple of times, where she's given a couple people a heads-up about crap.  I don't recall what, exactly, right now... the old guy (Mike?) off by himself too long idol-hunting, and then something to that girl about the showmance thing, maybe?

I was like, "What is she trying to do, there?"

Also, what was with the her telling everyone something like "We need to work on the shelter" and then when people assemble, she just stands back and watches them work on stuff?  Does she not consider herself part of "we"?

AVorlon   

Nope, and now she's had ample warning that her behavior is not sitting well  with people. If she can't  make adjustments to fit her circumstances, she's going home.  

She seems to have advanced in her career to a point where she figures she's above it all now , and only needs  to watch other people work while she directs and criticizes them.  If she can't adjust she deserves to go. 

MrsGryn   

She's management. They don't do the work. They manage. 

Also, no one will fire her because they are terrified of her. That's how she keeps staying employed! 

Shannon   

Management--when someone often rise to a level of total incompetence, and stay there making life miserable for those below them.

She might be one of the rare ones who are so unliked by their tribe, that the rest of the tribe decides to lose intentionally just to vote her off. 

tlh9   

It's happened before, and yeah, she'd be a prime candidate for such a thing!  I mean, just wow... could you imagine living 24/7 with her in such close quarters??  They haven't shown us anything redeeming about her, so far -- aside from perhaps when she gave those couple other people a frank heads-up.