Sign in to follow this  
gforce

Gabby Pascuzzi - Kalokalo (former David) - Voted out Week 12

gforce   

Photo and info courtesy CBS.COM

Gabby Pascuzzi.jpg

Hometown: St. Augustine, Florida 
Current residence: Denver 

Hobbies: Hiking, binge-watching cooking shows but never cooking, reading too many online reviews before I commit to anything.  

Pet peeves: Loud chewers, people who are wrong about facts but think they are right, people who lack self-awareness. 

Three words to describe you: Excitable, intelligent, and empathetic. 

What's your personal claim to fame?
Going from a couch potato to an adventure-seeker who sometimes gets off the couch to hike mountains, including 14ers (mountains over 14,000 feet)! 

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
Anyone brave enough to: be vulnerable, love with their whole heart, or speak out against injustice. Any anyone brave enough to rock bangs. 

If you could have three things on the island what would they be and why?  
A phone to call my family and friends for love and advice. A journal so I could record my thoughts and plot out strategy. A mirror because I'd be scared something would be in my teeth the entire time and no one would tell me. 

Which Survivor contestant are you most like?  
I relate to Aubry because she is both smart and emotionally intelligent. I am prone to tear-filled moments like Dawn. And I'm flirty like Parvati... if she were bad at flirting and only nerdy guys liked her. 

What's your reason for being on Survivor?
Human psychology and social dynamics fascinate me, and I'm excited to insert myself into the craziest experiment out there. I simultaneously love and hate pushing myself out of my comfort zone. I want to see if I can rise above the mental, emotional, and physical turmoil found in this game.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor
I have the knowledge of the game, but I'm social enough to hide it and not be a (complete) dork. I'm an emotional, empathetic person who happens to have the capacity for analytical thinking. My balance between brain and heart will win me allies and a million dollars.

MrsGryn   

Mmm, she screams the subReddit "Not Like The Other Girls," however I reserve the right to change my mind if she turns out to be awesome.

uaintjak   

She's Supernerd's girlfriend, right?  She came off sounding incredibly needy to me...I liked her at first, but that all ended during the "Do you want to play with me" conversation because of that.

uaintjak   

It reminded me of my friend's girlfriend.  She's very needy and insecure and she sounds exactly like this chick doing her "Please be my friend" routine.  Also she stopped taking birth control without telling my friend, so he's a dad now.  I hate her. And now I hate Gabby too.

AVorlon   

Heh, I had something like that almost happen to me. She stopped her birth control, but I stopped having sex with her, and some other guy got her pregnant. He was married so she started sending his wife letters,  telling her who she was, and how her husband got her pregnant.   She then divorced him, and this girl blackmailed him into marrying her, or else he would never see his son.

I'm not saying that Gabby is trying to do that, but I recognize the personality traits.

I think I dodged a bullet, and to this day I avoid anyone like Gabby.

MrsGryn   

It is interesting what someone's personal experience brings to our snap judgments. Gabby's moment there just made me feel like she has a case of arrested development. 

AVorlon   

One more episode of whining, crying, and insecurity. She wouldn't last one day as my girlfriend.

I'm glad there are guys out there like Christian who don't seem to mind it so much. Someone out there for everyone.   

Edited by AVorlon

gforce   

Maybe they're setting her up for some kind of whiny girl becomes self-actualized, inspired leader woman story arc.