The Dean and Deluca Cookbook, written by David Rosengarten. The Gratin Dauphinois...is just...to die for!

ETA the rest of the recipes are great too, that's just my personal standout.

Edited by lurker

It's getting towards Fall up here in New England. The frost is on the pumpkin. Pumpkin? Time for the one thing that everybody asks me to bring to parties. In another life I was a caterer and can make many exciting dishes..but no.. they all want this:

Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake

1 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs

2½ Tablespoons Butter – melted

2 Cups (or 16 oz can) Solid Pack Pumpkin

1 Cup Light Brown Sugar – packed

2 8-ounce pkgs. Cream Cheese

½ Cup Ricotta Cheese

2 Tablespoons all-purpose Flour

2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice

1/3 Cup Maple Syrup

½ Cup Evaporated Milk

3 Eggs

Topping *

Chopped Pecans (optional)

Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter in a small bowl. Press into bottom of 9-inch spring form pan.

Beat pumpkin, brown sugar, cream cheese, ricotta cheese, flour, pumpkin pie spice and maple syrup in a large mixer bowl on high speed for 1 minute.

Add evaporated milk and eggs; beat until just blended. Pour over crust.

Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 65 to 85 minutes or until knife inserted half way between center and outer edge comes out clean. Meanwhile, prepare topping. Remove from oven; cool for 10 minutes on wire rack. Spread with topping. Chill. Remove side of pan and sprinkle with pecans, if desired.

*Topping: Combine ½ cup sour cream, 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and ¼ teaspoon maple flavoring in a bowl.

** Note: using light cream cheese, part skim milk Ricotta cheese, egg substitute and evaporated skim milk can reduce the calories and fat in cheesecake. (But if you're going to eat cheesecake.. eat cheesecake!)

STUFFED CHEEKS!!!!! I will never be able to visit this thread without having flashbacks of Jameka... OK, back on topic - I'll go dig out my killer "football dip" recipe and be back later to post it ~

A great blog I found has some wonderful NON non-fat recipes. She takes photos of each step of the recipe and she's funny to boot.

I have made a couple of recipes from here and my husband thinks we are going to eat like this every night. Lot's of butter and cream etc. Nope. I was able to slim down a recipe that had over a stick of butter in it, it was still the yum.

Edited by Daisylou

Oh man, we're totally having that biscuits and gravy for dinner tonight! I'll let you know how it turns out.

Here's the recipe for our favorite soup. It's really easy to make. Sometimes I play around with it and add other veggies or maybe melt in some Gruyere or Fontina. I always make at least a double batch. Serve it with a nice warm crusty loaf o' bread!

Baked Potato Soup

3 bacon strips, diced

1 small onion or 2 shallots, chopped (I prefer shallots but the recipe calls for onion)

1 clove of garlic, minced

3 tablespoons all purpose flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon dried basil

1/2 teaspoon pepper

3 cups chicken broth

2 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed (I skip the peeling)

1 cup half and half cream

1/2 teaspon hot pepper sauce

Shredded cheese of your choice

In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside. Saute onion and garlic in the drippings until tender. Stir in flour, salt, basil and pepper, mix well. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil, boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes, cream and hot sauce; heat through but do not boil. Garnish with bacon and cheese.

Edited by Minxy

2 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed (I skip the peeling)

How do you cube a baked potato? 'Cause that sounds like some damn good soup.

I nuke them for about 4-5 minutes, let them cool, the cube them. The mushier the better but it does make cutting them a little harder.