Sign in to follow this  
tooletta

What I'll Do During the Off-Season

tooletta   

That time is almost upon us. The time when our huddled mass begins to dissipate. For better or worse, we leave Hamster Time behind and return to our lives~ raw, empty and downcast. The hard part is finding something to do to fill the gap that HT leaves us with, and finding something to soothe our weary souls. Fear not, HTers, you're not alone, for we're all in and out of this together.

My name is tooletta, and I'm an HTaholic.

I, personally, shall be here at HT year-round, roaming it's empty halls, dreaming of that day, months from now that it's members will return~ renewed, refreshed, and rebounded from the season past. I will miss you all and urge you to remember that the doors here are always open for you.

In the meantime, I will be blogging, spending time with family and friends who have all but forgotten me, and having a baby.

What about you?

Daisylou   

Well, I think you all know what I'll be doing. Especially as the cooler months are upon us it's time to switch it up to beverages that are more warming and soothing to the cold and disappointed soul that BB8 left in its wake.

Other than that I'll still be glued to my tv as usual. Heroes, JERICHO (I know, I know), The Office, Earl, 30 Rock, Survivor.....I have plenty to watch so I hope some of you will stick around HT in the winter months to discuss.

Oh, and I guess I'll have more time to devote to my husband and toddler now that I will be spending less time at HT.

I suppose I'll have to start cooking dinner again.

Edited by Daisylou

Minxy   

My name is Minxy and I'm addicted to HT. I never left after last season and I'm not leaving now. So there. Hrmph!

Aside from hanging around here like an unwanted houseguest, I'll be working on my new blog, breaking up growling fights between my son and the puppy, spending far too much money on clothes and shoes and coming up with new and ingenius ways to convince my hub that there's nothing wrong with my retail habit.

cubkip   

My name is cubkip, and I too am an HTaholic. I am hoping to be watching the cubs for a long time....like Winning it all for once!!!! I am going to remind myself what my boyfriend and children look like. I am going to pay bills on time rather than ignoring them to get on HT. My daugter is in so many clubs that I really doubt I will be bored. But, I will miss this place. And, sometimes when you least expect it, I may pop in and yell, "Boo! or Donato" whichever I think might scare you all more.

mewmom30   

My name is mewmom30 and I too, am an HTaholic. Amazing how in less than a month a day does not exist that does not start with an hour or two (or more) on HT!

Off season - the thought makes me feel faint but for me it will be on to Dancing with the Stars (what a culture shock -2 Ds to Marie Osmond)..... I also suppose I can now start getting into work early instead of at noon and maybe even figure out why sales figures are not higher than inventory costs. Yes, BB8 and HT have distracted me somewhat, but major enjoyably so!

ETA: Hey Anders thanks for the remind - I will of course be paying an exorbitant amount to cheer on my beloved Los Angeles Kings and with BOTH of us cursing those damn Ducks they are doomed for sure this year!

Edited by mewmom30

My name is RonnieRoller. I too am an HTaholic.

I'm so ashamed that my life has come down to this. I have neglected my family and friends. I have neglected my workload and my household. All for what?

During this down time, I shall be attending various 12 step programs to help with my Hamster time addictions. I will be fighting the urge to come and vist the site all the next year. I know that I have to take it one day at a time. But if I slip up, I hope that some of you are here to catch me if I fall.

I will be trolling the strip all winter so that I can save money for my feeds next year as well. I bought new shoes and everything!

smurf   

My name is smurf I am a long time lurker new to posting and still rarely posting addict of HT.

For the off season, I will shift my focus to the cute otter cams at the Monterey Bay Aquarium . They will be my online viewing and they are much cuter than any of the hamsters we had this season.

Outside of that I will return my life to normal. Workaholic and Volunteering what is left of my time to charity.. I will miss HT and occasionally look in for a second but will then return to the work/volunteering I listed above.

tremolo   

I too am mainly a lurker though this season has propelled me to actually post a heck of a lot. (Sorry about that.) I could have swore I posted last year but I had no posts when I came back.

Anyway, I will be searching for a new job, Top Model and Project Runway start. Hopefully Lost will start up again before I die. I will also learn more about football as I got into it last year (early on, even before knowing the Bears would do so well) and I think I kind of like it. Oh, and there's a new Duran Duran album coming out and I will listen to it pretty much non-stop. Concerts, spoiling my niece, I'm fairly boring.

I did notice other TV threads so I'll probably show up there from time to time. Or all the time. I really like this site.

Magpie   

I will be watching reality TV (imagine that!) and hanging out here talking about it. I hope lots of HTers stick around!

I will be taking a chemical shower to get the stink of this season off.

But seriously, rooting for the San Jose Sharks and cursing those damn Ducks, America's Next Top Model, Project Runway, the Office, Survivor China and Lost will hopefully keep me occupied until next summer.

Is there gonna be another Comedy Festival in Las Vegas? I might go to that again. Stalk Seth MacFarlane.

Oh, also directing a school musical. And work. Feeding my cat. Stuff like that.

(tremolo, Lost should be starting up in the new year. no more repeat hiatus crap)

Well, I was going to say that since Jameka helped me to regain my faith in OGG, I would spend the next nine months volunteering at

an orphanage or something but after Zach's speech last night I don't think anyone would believe me.

So, I to will return to family and friends and hope that after months of neglect they will except me.

I will also commit to giving 100% at work instead of trying to come up with an excuse for why sales have been

dropping since July. (I'm sure BB starting in July is purely a coincidence)

I would like to take this time to commit to staying in touch with HT friends (from both sides of the line drawn in the sand ) that have

meant so much to me this summer.

Edited by cheryle

I'm Puff, and I...

I'll be updating my Butterfly and Moth website, and maybe starting a blog. Grading papers. Ordering seeds and winter sowing. reading about gardening. Practicing my Scrabble so MAYBE I can go to the Scrabble club again without kgetting my ass kicked.

Coming back here regularly.

Hey, maybe I'll have more fun in the off season at Ht, without BB8 to distract me. Heh.

lurker   

I will happily watch less tv. This show sucks me in every year, it's a pleasure to share it with all of you. I have a TBR pile a mile high, some of my favorite authors, languishing in a nasty stack in my office. The kids started a new school, which means I'll be hanging around there alot. The remodeling project is nearly over, my mom got her cast off (finally!). I'll tutor every Friday for Literacy Volunteers (pm me if you want to hear my passionate speech about this).

And I have committed to making three meals a week from scratch. I love to cook, so it's no hardship. But they have to be different every week. So I'll be trolling for recipes, hardcore. We have all sorts of food allergies in the house, so that'll keep me on my toesies. I predict this will cost me a mint at Williams Sonoma...I'm a sucker for gadgetry.

Favorite KT gadget - the torch...it makes everything better! Where else can you get targeted heat like that? Plus it scares the hell outta the kids, like I have a super power. Second fav gadget - foil. Because Oh OGG I hate cleaning up...and that was so OT.

So in short, I'll be reading, cooking, and volunteering. And dropping on chat when possible/relevant.

Oneflmgo   

Gosh, I guess I will have to actually pay close attention to my new project, which won't be too hard seeing as how its a new luxury resort for Motorcoaches. Lots of actual work, lots of details to be sorted out, oh joy. And Bunny Rhumba was rescued from the project site, so there's already a sweet charm about the place for me.

Planning for the Society of American Mosaic Artists yearly international conference will ramp up big time in about a month, and since I'm on the Board of Directors, I will be swallowed up for a few months with that. Then the payoff is the big event in Miami this March. I'm really excited about that since the only time I've ever been to Miami was to fly in a pick up a car I bought (on ebay! hush!) and drive back home again.

In between, I'll be checking in here for the new television season, Survivor, Amazing Race, Heroes, and who knows what else....I never leave Hamstertime for too long at a time. I just love this place.

Mr. Flamingo just walked past and asked me why I don't jump in and write with the recappers, because he says "after all, you're just as funny and snarky as them."

"Uh," I say, "dude....you and our boys count the jokes I have actually made in the last 24 years on one hand. Are you kidding me? Its a topic of conversation at every dinner we have together. Remember when mom made that one joke....?"

Everyone laughs. I can't remember the joke.

Maybe I'll spend some time trying to get funny for next year.