MrsGryn

General Reality Shows

Kyara   

I watched the first episode and I’m on the fence. The gameplay is interesting, but the people are horrendous (except Shubham). I can’t decide if I should watch a second episode or not.

AVorlon   

I guess this type of show was inevitable. The contestants can.t see each other, and use social media to create profiles and text each other, with the goal of being the most popular. This highlights one of the aspects of Big Brother that I never liked in recent years, where the houseguests dwell on their popularity and how many new followers they're going to get.

knewb   

I watched all 8 episodes of The Circle over the past 2 days. It's like a huge trainwreck. Could.not.stop.watching. One nice thing about them being isolated is we're not subjected to shmoopycakes constantly. It's edited so there's very little of them just sitting around killing time.

I find I like almost all the players, but Shooby is definitely the most lovable. Really like Chris, Sammie, Joey and Bill too. I expected to hate Joey, but I find I really like him a lot. One of them (don't want to spoil it so I'll just say the one fond of tie-dye and cats) is horrible and I can't wait for them to go.

I hate that I, too, checked out "The Circle" and watched through all of the episodes.  Even found myself a bit disappointed when I got to the end of the latest one and found I had to wait for the next one to be released.  I'm going to hate when (if, really, but I'm convinced) we learn they're all actors and Shooby is being "schmoe'd".  

knewb   

HA! Copsister, however did you become so jaded? I hadn't even considered that, but now that you said it...yep! I hope not though. 

Well, become jaded?   Oh, what a sweet thing to say!    That being said....I wasn't far from the actual ending, right?

knewb   

I was happy overall, but think they should have given us a final three rather than final five. I would probably watch another season.

I wish their casting director would give BB's some tips for how not to just cast douchebags and famewhores. With a few exceptions, these were quite likeable, non-douchy people.

MrsGryn   

That news makes me sad. I got to see him in a Home Show once and he was so funny in person, exactly what you would expect. Warm and cuddly and loved meeting people.