MrsGryn

General Reality Shows

I don't know why CBS doesn't just reveal all the names, and cut TMZ and other outlets off at their knees. If anybody reveals anything before the season airs, without the permission of the producers and CBS, NOBODY gets anything.

tlh9   

There are still people who exist, who don't know that social media can crucify you??  Really??

Perhaps they just expect that people will behave normally and reasonably and rationally.  But then again, have they not even *been* on the internet??

On 5/17/2018 at 6:48 AM, nixiechick said:

CBS is with holding  some of his money for spilling the beans and have pulled his invitation to the Survivor finale. And the more I see the smug ass looks on both their faces, I'm convinced it couldn't have happened to a nice jackass. 

From the article:  "He's also been disinvited to the finale episode broadcast, in which cast members come together and reflect on the season."

Uh, Burnett.....this pretty much spoils this individual's outcome in the season by punishing the one who spoiled.  Plus, lends itself to assume the woman did make it that far as you didn't punish the female who also broke NDA. 

There's no way they'd not include someone who either made it to jury or the final showdown.  

TMZ had reported last week CBS might punish her too, since she's obviously a willing participant in the social media posts. 

ETA.... the more I see the pic of the 2 of them, the more I think they look like brother and sister and the more I know I'm gonna hate them just from their  smug punch me faces

Edited by nixiechick

So, when's the Universal Unitarian expose planned, Leah?  While I respect her for focusing on a "religion" from which she's departed, does A&E believe viewers will consider her a competent fact-finder branching out?  Then again, if it stops them from ringing my doorbell, I may have to reconsider her authority.

I just can't with her. She was one of the biggest Scientology mouthpieces for years. Wasn't having any part of it when others who left said a bad word. Actively spoke out against them. Right up until she decided she was leaving and then you know, the whole world needed to hear HER story because HER story is apparently more honest and true than all those who told their stories before her. It also bothers me that she's just cashing in and unless I've missed it, hasn't done anything to help those who have left before her or those who might want to leave but just don't have the resources. If I'm wrong on that and she's actively trying to help others cut ties, please feel free to tell me. But I don't think I've just missed that part of her story. 

Shannon   

I think she is amazing, she can't help that she grew up in Scientology and took a long time to see how clearly that it is phony and has ruined so many people.  As for helping others, isn't that exactly what she's been doing?

So Survivor introduced Kevin Hart’s summer show TKO on CBS. It looks like NBC’s American Gladiator (and later American Ninja Warrior) meets ABC’s Wipeout. I gotta wonder if there are any IP lawsuits getting filed.

Edited by ShyLurkerGuy

I will (and have) listened to Leah speak about Scientology because she earned the right to do so after her life-long participation until the brainwashing wore off.  I simply question whether that personal experience makes her a valuable mouthpiece toward other religions.  And to make Jehovah Witness the next target?  Surely Warren Jeff's LDS sect, with their practice of child-brides, seems like a better next step in the current TimesUp culture.

Shannon   

I don't know what her experience is yet but I am sure we will find out.  It is not like you have to be in something to educate yourself about it, but for me I have to see it first.  What I like about Leah is that she's straight forward in her opinions, no need to wonder what she means.  I don't always agree with her, but I tend to believe her, that she means what she says.

I don't see her that way at all.  To each their own opinion.

Edited by Shannon

Jade   

I don't like or dislike Leah.  But, not only did she cash in.... She waited until she was on the decline to use this case to cash in and one-up her "celebrity" for another 15 minutes of fame. If she still had a prime time show, would she have said anything?

Now, she's on the downturn and she's going to use another religion to further her career.  She's the most unpleasant form of opportunist.

She (Leah Remini) does have a prime time show, Kevin can Wait, with Kevin James, her co-star on King of Queens, on CBS. I've never seen it so I have no opinion to offer.

Shannon   

Kevin Can Wait was just cancelled, that is new, she's been working on this latest religion show before the canceling.  I don't see the connection between dubious religious cults and calling them out, and her needing money, I don't think she's broke.

Jade   

I doubt it's about money.  It's all about the attention she can get.

But, then again, that's most of Hollywood.  It just feels slightly ickier the way she's using religion as the attention grabber.