MrsGryn

General Reality Shows

AVorlon   

Just an update, but now both former contestants  from BB  have been eliminated on "The Challenge".   It's a long running show on MTV, and both Victor and Natalie had huge targets on their backs as "rookies". Most of the people on there seem to be tattoo-covered reality show professionals . How did this become an actual job? 

On 3/13/2018 at 11:04 AM, copssister said:

Anyone partaking in the new edition of American Idol?  The time I've spent with it so far has confirmed that I'm no fan of Katy Perry.  Lionel seems sincere and wise, while Luke Bryan is simply adorable.  The few memorable auditions for me so far were Harper Grace, Catie Turner, Laine HardyAlyssa Raghu and Layla Springs (Dyxie Springs for 2026!!!)  I'm just not sure about the reboot itself - and I sort of wish they had replaced Seacrest with a new host since all the judges were new.  

Not bad on my early picks.....Catie Turner, Alyssa Raghu and Layla Springs were named to the Top 24.  Harper Grace (a 16-year-old singer/songwriter who will be snatched up quickly by a label if she can get out of the AI contract) and Laine Hardy (ended up more Bieber than Sinatra) were just let go at the Top 24 cuts.  Still not actively watching the show - lots of streaming/fast-forwarding through typical Idol fluff and anything to do with the judges.  

So, no chatter on Trading Spaces?  I kinda enjoyed the reunion and the first episode.  Who would have thought it would be a designer other than Hildi who stapled burlap to walls?  Ty, 15 years later, no longer has the looks to negate his annoying behaviors.  More Carter, less Ty.  

MrsGryn   

We watched the first episode but I haven't seen the reunion yet (limited amount of TV time due to real life stuff). Anyway, I really enjoyed it, but the paint jobs in both rooms were making me nutty. Vern never would have stood for painting the ceiling without taping off the crown molding! Or putting a design on the walls without taping off the lines! Horrible paint job on the murphy bed too. 

Did not like either room, but I did like both families, which always helps. Paige Davis was sweet as always. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Shannon   

I liked the reunion better than the show, but the show was good.  Same old idiot Hildi, that room was nuts but for Hildi, it was pretty tame.  Now I just blanked on the other house, geese, anyway, looking forward to the part 2 reunion.  Looked like most of them have been uplifted and Botoxed, but not overly done.  I like that it's on Sat., so many stations think no one is home Fri-Sun, so frustrating.  Carter is still hot, this week it's suppose to be Ty and Carter as the designers.

I'm going to leave this here - feel free to relocate, Fisty!   For the upcoming Survivor season which just wrapped filming last Wednesday, TMZ is reporting two contestants broke the non-disclosure agreement already and open themselves up to $5 Million each in fines.  Spoiler on next season's contestant identities within this link [TMZ].  

tlh9   

Wow... has that ever happened before and I'm just not remembering?  Where someone spilled beans like that?  I mean it's not like they told who won or anything, but still.  What a couple of idiots... 

Although since they're no one anyone knows... is it really "spoiling" anything?  

Edited by tlh9

MrsGryn   

Idiots! Thought Survivor has had a pretty good run, Russell Hantz not withstanding, on keeping things under a lid.

1 hour ago, tlh9 said:

Wow... has that ever happened before and I'm just not remembering?  Where someone spilled beans like that?  I mean it's not like they told who won or anything, but still.  What a couple of idiots... 

I believe the issue is the identities of the contestants participating in the season which just finished filming have not yet been released.  The article says they were reminded as filming ended, and in subsequent emails, that contestants may not be connected on social media nor appear in photos together.  Still, my guess is they'll get a slap on the wrist, but could forfeit any winnings if they made it that far (do we really think these two dorks who can't understand an NDA would make it far on Survivor?).

7 hours ago, tlh9 said:

I wondered the same thing, but we know they like to keep the people a secret until the last minute, and I guess in theory these two idiots could take it all down. If they couldn't manage to keep quiet for like 17 seconds, what are the chances they will keep their mouth shut until their season airs in full? I'm guessing not very good. 

The cast usually leaks within a few days of a season finishing filming but it's rarely the cast's fault this happens. They've basically screwed themselves over.

CBS is with holding  some of his money for spilling the beans and have pulled his invitation to the Survivor finale. And the more I see the smug ass looks on both their faces, I'm convinced it couldn't have happened to a nice jackass. 

uaintjak   

I've been watching Arrested Development season 1, and holy shit, there was Jonathan Penner.  I totally forgot he was an actor.

At this rate, we might get the whole next cast of Survivor before it even airs. Another one has been named by TMZ. This one emailed a bunch of them a warning... don't be like me and become famous and have anti-Semeitic comments on your social media. Did we know this guy was part of the cast? I remember him and his story. My guess is TMZ also has all the names from the email chain.