MrsGryn

General Reality Shows

I struggled through the last two - blech.  It's just not what it used to be.  If you care to sit through 22 minutes in the hopes of a chuckle or two, this is the show for you.  Not for me.  

Anyone partaking in the new edition of American Idol?  The time I've spent with it so far has confirmed that I'm no fan of Katy Perry.  Lionel seems sincere and wise, while Luke Bryan is simply adorable.  The few memorable auditions for me so far were Harper Grace, Catie Turner, Laine HardyAlyssa Raghu and Layla Springs (Dyxie Springs for 2026!!!)  I'm just not sure about the reboot itself - and I sort of wish they had replaced Seacrest with a new host since all the judges were new.  

AVorlon   

I don't think I'm going to watch that, but I did see the highlights. ABC is always good with promoting their own shows as part of the news, at least late at night. I got a kick out of Katy Perry really liking some young guy who insisted on calling her ma'am, and telling her that she was an early influence on him.  She didn't feel like a guy she liked would treat her like an older lady. I had to look it up, but she is 33 years old. Don't know how old the guy was, but he was obviously not interested in an old woman.

I also got a kick out of Katy in a tight dress trying to twerk on the dance floor,  only to fall over and have her dress ride up. She couldn't get back up, and in the meantime they had to pixelate her butt , which isn't all that impressive, but you still can't show it.  

I'm going to get off the butt topic now, but I will say the best ones for female singers are Demi Lovato,  Charlie XCX,  and Britany Spears. 

Edited by AVorlon

Shannon   

Doesn't Seacrest own the show?

I like The Voice, when slimey Miley isn't a judge, so I only checked out AI during commercials.  I wasn't impressed.

I was set to hate the show, but I don't.  Lionel Richie has never been a fave - maybe because an ex thought he was the best (he also liked Michael Bolton and other elevator ready musicians).  Katy Perry seemed like a phony.  My feelings haven't changed much, but when I concentrate on the music, they don't bother me as much.  I'm also watching Voice, so AI gets DVRed.

AVorlon   

Katy is certainly making plenty of headlines, even though there's only been one episode.  Maybe there's a double standard, but I don't see much outcry about women being predatory.  If anything, people seem to say that he should be grateful that his first kiss came from Katy, and he has a story to tell for the rest of his life.

I think the two male judges did a good job of trying to help Katy when she was wallowing around on the floor with her privates exposed.  

Katy Perry has fallen, and she can't get up

And that's a $25 Million money shot.....hell, I'd be kicking myself if I'd negotiated a $1 Million contract for her to appear.  Then again, we ARE talking about American Idol, so maybe they are getting their money's worth.