Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

DVR Alert: Thursday's episode to be pre-empted

Tsylyst   

Thursday's episode will be pre-empted or moved to different affiliates in over 40 cities due to CBS coverage of football.

Because of course it would when there is something interesting going on.

Here's a pretty decent list of locations that will be affected: http://programminginsider.com/how-big-brother-20-will-be-affected-in-your-area-by-nfl-preseason-football-this-thursday/

Add to that list or offer online streaming options in this thread. CBS All Access allows you to stream the show live in some major cities.

Sophy   

My CBS app won't allow the live show to stream since football is on here (it will only show my local channel and I'm not in a major city). Anyone have any links to watch online, or a link to the site that used to post the links the day of the show?

Last fall CBS launched CBS All Access – which for $5.99 a month lets you watch tons of CBS including many old episodes. If you lived in a handful of cities you could also watch the local station’s live feed. That included most content with the exception of live sporting events. Today I signed up again in preparation for the upcoming Big Brother season (the ‘live feeds’ are also shown on All Access) and discovered that number of stations is over 30. Thats a TON! I’ve listed them at the end of this post.

The quote is a copy and paste from the below link and I think it will work

http://solongcable.com/?p=29

Edited by Fly on the wall

Magpie   

According to the article, you can use a Firefox add on to trick CBS into thinking you are in a different geographical location, and thereby get access to the feed in a city that is not being pre-empted. I think.

shesaid   

I think you've got it, Magpie - it seems you need a station that's airing BB at the normal time AND is offered by the Firefox add-on.. and a version of firefox which supports the add-on.  I got as far as trying to set up my location for Detroit, MI (WWJ), but ran into some technical difficulties. I'd be interested in knowing if it works for anyone.. 

gforce   

Those looking for a streaming link for tonight's show can try this.  Just found one that I think will work.

https://www.stream2watch.org/live/cbs-live-stream

However, you must use the "Switch Source" button and select Channel 4.  The default one is showing football.   Also, if you happen to get tabs or pages telling you to upgrade Flash, it seems you can just close and ignore them and keep selecting the Play icon on the screen.

No guarantees, but give it a try.

PatMcNJ   

Just keeps wanting me to install new flash player and I think I just infected my computer.  Rats.  

Sophy   

Thanks gforce - Earlier I found two others that crapped out on me - so I came here, and your link let me see the battle back comp, such as it was.